TGIF! What a brutal couple of weeks it’s been eh? I had to find something to help get me through it and often just doodling does me a lot of good; not a ton of thinking to do, and I can still come out with something beautiful as I process thoughts about all the violence happening nowadays.
Watch the video below or click here to see it on YouTube.
I stuck with analagous colors so I wouldn’t be fighting neutral mixes. Blending was almost entirely pencil until I got to the end – a few spots needed more contrast, since pencil on Yupo doesn’t get very dark, and a couple marker strokes helped. It was super hard to blend into mediums to get transitions though, so I wouldn’t use much Copic for something like this; I had to fight to fix some chunky marker lines.
This is the before and after…
In case you missed the socials this week, here you go!
- Monday’s easy alcohol project
- Meet Bob ….and then what happened to him
- Lorax Trees (Short video)
- Your Not To Do List (tiny tutorial)
- Dealing with Doubt, Anxiety, and Fear (short video)
- Artist brain on overload (short video)
- On being weird (short video)
- Sketching while waiting on computer stuff (short video)
- Idea gone wrong…or not? (short video)
- Artist rules (short video)
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art