True confession time. I’m a #jurassicparknerd. I won’t say much more than that….you know where I’ll be today. Watch my video below, or click HERE to watch in HD on YouTube.
- It’s drawn on Neenah Cardstock – yes, it comes in 11×17 sheets! I bought a ream at Kelly Paper a while back, but it’s not on their site.
- My T-Rex sketch was created based on a ton of Googling for other artists’ interpretations of what a T-Rex might have looked like. Some are green, some are brown. I am NOT a dino nerd, and haven’t got a clue about dino anatomy or plants from the Jurassic period – so please don’t go telling me this sketch isn’t right. LOL.
- I had no idea what the scene was going to be, beyond the mama and baby dino. You could watch the sketching in light colors as I worked out what the lighting was going to be – I didn’t even know what time of day it would be.
- Drawing was sketched in a plain old #2 pencil, then erased with THIS to get some of the pencil off the paper so the Copic Markers wouldn’t drag the color. They still did pick up some with that really light yellow-green.
- This took almost 11 hours in real time. Stopped to refill markers a couple times, especially while doing that background.
- How many times have I watched all the Jurassic Park movies? I’ll never tell.