I get occasional questions that I’m not sure are serious or just rhetorical….
- How on earth do you come up with this stuff?
- How much more time do you have than the rest of us mortals?
- Where do you get all your ideas?
Well, the answer is…..SOFA TIME!
Ha! Well I guess it depends on the sofa but….I spend lots of evenings away from the studio, cuddling with the pups and watching stuff on my ipad and…coloring, drawing, sketching, making notes. And in December, remember I took that “sabbatical” from YouTube? Well this new class, Copic Enchantment, is just one of the results of that….watch the video below or click HERE to see it on YT.
And I just cracked up looking at the previous pre-registration page that I had assembled amid serious hand pain – it was practically gibberish, some text left over from other classes….ha. And no one told me! Would y’all tell me if I had ketchup on my chin? Well, it’s all fixed and tidied up now. 🙂
Also as for how much time I have in my day…I work way ahead of schedule! I’m a rare bird as an artist and plan things out for at least a month or more.
- I keep an ongoing list in a Google Sheet with what stamps I have in the stash to use, pair them with mediums, list techniques I want to try, manufacturers….
- I filter in holidays and special things so I have content prepared for them for social media.
- Now that I’ve been making more reels and YT shorts, I schedule those well ahead too.
- I have a folder system in Dropbox for staging stuff so I can get to it while away from the laptop (or while the hand is hurting too much to work on the computer).
All this may seem crazy but it’s honestly been a life saver in this last month or so when my hand has been recuperating! I’m getting better all the time, for those asking – I can do half days on the computer again, but my hands generally tell me when to stop. (Yes I say hands – my left has been doing double duty to compensate, and it too gets tuckered.) Rotating what I do and for how long I do it seems to be the best pattern, so I change mediums regularly through the day – juggling several projects at once. And throwing in some gardening now that the weather is nice!
Now that the Copic Enchantment class is fully live, I’ve got other classes working in my brain, so I’ll let yall know when that gets underway. I’m thinking a Level 2 colored pencil class is next.