I’ve seen lots of narwhals colored in bright happy colors….not so much in realistic colors! I looked at lots of pictures on Google, and gave it a try with Distress inks. Hope you’ll try something like this at some point! It’s lots of fun.
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
To finish off the card, I used grey and kraft and black cardstock layers, and just a little twine.
Inks used: Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone, and Black Soot. — Marker: Black Soot
While I had this in my MISTI, I stamped one on Neenah so I could color it in Copics too, using a background from the intermediate level Underwater Scenes class:
- Avery Elle Clear Stamps, Extraordinary —- no longer available, but look for Narwhals by other brands.
- Arches Rough Paper: EH – BLICK
- Ranger Distress Mini Ink Pads:
- Ranger Distress Marker, Black Soot
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #8 EH – BLICK – AMZ
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #12 EH – BLICK – AMZ
- Mini MISTI Stamping Tool, My Sweet Petunia
- Tonic Glass Media Mat by Tim Holtz
- My Sweet Petunia Bar Magnet
- Ranger Alcohol Ink Mini Applicator Tools & Felts
- Jet Black Lawn Fawn Ink Pad