Here we go with more testing! I’m the canary in your coal mine again today, this time comparing different brands of watercolor pencils.
I’ve had lots of questions asking me about the various brands of watercolor pencils – there are so many! I’ve bought a few of a lot of different kinds, and tried comparing them apples-to-apples just to see. Know that you can get amazing results from whatever pencils you have; but there are a few that stand out from the crowd.
When testing – make it fun. Create a stamped project that’ll make you smile while you test out colors, brands, or techniques. What better than fun animals!
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art
- Watercolor pencils, in order of cost (approximately), lowest to highest:
- Prima Watercolor pencils
- Prismacolor Watercolor pencils
- Bruynzeel Design Aquarel Pencils
- Faber-Castell Grip Watercolor EcoPencils
- Derwent Watercolor Pencils
- Derwent Inktense Pencils
- Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolor pencils
- Cretacolor Marino Watercolor Pencils
- Supracolor Watercolor pencils (not shown in this video)
- Museum Aquarelle Watercolor pencils
- Other supplies: