I haven’t vlogged in quite some time, but with so many changes comin’….it’s about time! Scroll down for links to it all! And you might have noticed,
Yes, it’s World Watercolor Month starting July 1st! Charlie O’Shields over at Doodlewash is getting things all ready for us – sponsors, fundraisers, a month of prompts, lots of ambassadors to follow and learn from! My zipper pouch for this year is there, too, so you might want to start collecting if you bought one last year! Follow Charlie on social too, see what he’s got in store!
I’ll be joining in on things in a couple ways.
- On Instagram (my fine art instagram account) I’ll be sharing daily paintings, step-outs, or videos. (These aren’t cards, but will be fine art related. Not that crafters won’t learn tons!)
- On YouTube and here on the blog, I’ll have more watercolor than usual – though I’ll still have some other mediums mixed in!
- See more below!
Last year I had a little sale on watercolor classes and a double portion – double that sale amount – was sent to the Dreaming Zebra Foundation — it’s not a huge sale for you, but between that and art sales (I had hosted an art auction too), we raised over $2000!!!
- Watercolor classes will again be on sale! Go to the SALE PAGE after July 1 to sign up for a class. (For the rest of June, it’s mini classes on sale!)
- Double the discount YOU get and you’ll know how much of the portion you pay will go to the Dreaming Zebra Foundation.
- NEW CLASS! Begins July 1. Check out the info on Events page….or sign up for preregistration!
3. Website addition/cleanup
This is one of the things that the inner geek in me loves most…..starting to tidy up my web presence! Gah! There are still more changes to make, but for now…
- This blog has a new “theme” (graphics) applied – and there are still more updates to make. But change is afoot!
- SAME: Art-classes is staying as is, except for adding the new level of watercolor classes – yeah! Though since I’m in geek mode, don’t be surprised if new stuff gets added.
- NEW: Fine Art site! I once had a page here on this blog, but read below about why that wasn’t gaining me interest in the fine art world. But now – an ELEGANT NEW PAGE to house that art and give it prominence! I still don’t have all my work in the galleries but that’s in progress.
- Galleries by medium for any non-watercolor
- Watercolor galleries broken into subject matter themes (One giant gallery seemed too big, but I may merge everything if it’s just too weird to have them separated? Opinions?)
- Captions with robust info – If it’s for sale/available, a link will be there. If there are prints available on Society6, a link will be there. Yay!
- Commentability! Once viewing a piece, click on the chat icon to leave a comment, share to social media, etc. Let me know if you want one added to Society6, I’d be happy to do that with many of them if I think they will print well.
- A bunch of pieces are for sale! GAH! Finally! A portion of any sales during JULY will be donated to the Dreaming Zebra Foundation.
- Events calendar: I’ll be adding some things to this calendar in time: pending class launches, maybe some live art online, plein air events and classes for my local artist friends to join in on.
- Instagram feed for those without an instagram account – you can still see what I’m posting!
My goal is to have the first page at sandyallnock.com be a clean page that’s got big beautiful features on the different aspects of my artistic life with links to the things people look for most – I’ve had a number of emails from folks interested in art classes or my fine art work, and all they see is papercrafting – so I need to elegantly present my crazy multifaceted artistic life!
But I broke something when trying that. LOL! In the next week or three I hope to hire a geek to fix what I broke and I’ll get that new home underway. But for now the menu is cleaner and the design too – and I’m happy enough for the moment!
Plans forging ahead
ANOTHER LEVEL 4 CLASS: In midJuly the 2nd Foundations class will go live, if nothing else then it’s so you can buy it during this month and we can do the fundraising through it!
MORE CLASSES! I have a list of about 15 I want to do. Yeah. Anyone have more hours in a day that you can lend me? (Not all watercolor, don’t worry if you’re not a painter, I’m not giving up on you!)
Thanks for hanging out with me today! I have TWO posts coming tomorrow – yes, on a Saturday! A few special celebrations you won’t want to miss, so be sure you’re subscribed. 🙂