No matter the weather….friends forever! This little bunny is out in the rain and ready to make it to your friends on cards….isn’t he just the cutest?
Supplies for this project are linked at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links may be used at no cost to you.
All Weather Friends is from the new release from Colorado Craft Company – a sweet little bunny with sweet little sentiments to go with it! I knew that would be the first one to color up!
I painted the background to have a loose rainy scene – layering several blues with lighter tones in the back, darker in the foreground, to create depth. Check it out:
The little bunny’s face makes me want to pick him up and hug him – and get his little feet out of the cold rain!
The white detail is added with Titanium White, which isn’t in my palette; I’ve started keeping a tube of it handy (and in my bag when I go out to do plein air) to add little sparkly highlights from time to time. It’s particularly good for water – and snow!
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links may be linked at no cost to you, but this video was not sponsored or requested by any manufacturer. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art
- All Weather Friends, Colorado Craft Company: EH – CCC
- Daniel Smith Watercolors EH – BLICK
- Water: Cobalt, Indanthrone, Paynes Blue-Gray
- Umbrella: New Gamboge, Quin Rose
- Bunny: Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber
- Rain: Titanium White
- Schmincke Palette EH – BLICK
- Half pans EH – BLICK
- Spray bottle
- White artist tape, 3/4”
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #8 EH – BLICK – AMZ
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #12 EH – BLICK – AMZ
- VersaFine Ink Pad, Onyx Black