I’m a lover of most any fox stamp set….add Stacey Yacula’s name to it as the designer and it’s a match made in heaven in my book! Today I’ll show you some watercolor … with a realllllly simple background you can use on any scene you’re creating!
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
Don’t forget you can alter colors in your palette – adding a little Aussie Red Gold to the Burnt Sienna really warmed it up! And making a warm grey was easy by adding a little Yellow Ochre to Neutral Tint.
The smaller brush is a Round 8 – used for the foxes and the shadows in grasses. The sky and main green in the grasses on that first pass were created with the Round 12 brush.
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art
- Friendly Foxes By Stacey Yacula, no longer available – try this Fox set
- instead VersaFine Ink Pad, Onyx Black
- Daniel Smith Watercolors: • EH • BLICK
- Cobalt Teal Blue, Burnt Sienna, Aussie Red Gold, Serpentine Green, Sap Green, Green Apatite Genuine, Perylene Green, Neutral Tint, Yellow Ochre
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #8: EH • BLICK • AMZ
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #12: EH • BLICK • AMZ
- Arches Cold Press Paper: EH • BLICK
Adorable card, l very enjoy your painting. Gorgeous foxes and awesome colouring.
Thank you so much for showing.
Great video….thank you!
Awesome creations, thanks for the video!
So so sweet
These are so cute! You never cease to amaze me with your watercoloring skills!!
Stacey Yacula draws such light-hearted little critters – love that the little fox’s tie is laying on the ground! You do such a nice job of explaining how to get a background like this – so simple… if I practice. I’m working thru the “Clouds” class right now, so this is perfect for me! As always, thank you for all you do!