My mind works in mysterious ways…and in this card I decided to let the octopi go for a ride IN the submarine!
When watercoloring a background for a card like this, it’s helpful to tilt it at an angle to keep the paint moving – and I turned it upside down so the heavier, darker color is at the bottom of the water.
I loved having the lil critters driving the submarine! Those eyeballs make me GRIN! And can you believe this card was painted with just 3 colors?
The Porthole die was crying out for a bunch of jellyfish and octopi swimming outside! Lots of layers of color plus bubbles with white pen highlights.
- Subbing In By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Clear Stamp
- Arches Cold Press Paper EH – BLICK
- Ranger Accents, Glossy Accents
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #8 EH – BLICK – AMZ
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #12 EH – BLICK – AMZ
- Daniel Smith Watercolors EH – BLICK –
- Cobalt Teal Blu,e Indanthrone Blue, Payne’s Blue Gray