It’s Friday the 13th but I’m not playing the unlucky game. Instead, I’ve got another of my crazy epic works today – this one is about 12″ x19″! It was quite an epic thing, and I honestly had little faith it would work. I planned for just watercolor, and did the first wash…but once I got partway through the second pass I made some GAH errors – bleed bleed bleed! But after ALL that drawing and painting I wasn’t about to let this one get away. TWSBI pen to the rescue!!!!
A bit of backstory: I was working on a project for my church that initially took me down a rabbit hole to some groovy 60’s themed graphics. We quickly departed the silliness….but then I had to get it out of my system!
I used a picture of a swanky model for the start of this, then instead of her wearing the slinky outfit she had on, I gave her a tshirt and denim shirt (because I am always seemingly cold! It’s still in the 50F range daily here! She also had to have an easel, lots of art supplies everywhere….and little tidbits hidden in the pen and ink work.
Sign up for the Peace Love & Art challenge!
I’m hosting an art challenge! I hope to inspire you & me, and to have lots of fun giveaways and projects to get the summer creativity rolling. First email will go out on Weds 5/18! Know that there’s no crazy to-do list – you don’t have to do all the activities or anything. Just do what you can, that’s what this is all about.
- Sign up for the email list here.
- Download the Artventure app for ios or android; register an account, and take a free class or sign up for the Tiny Tutorials class where free content will be added. If your phone can’t deal with opening one more app, once you create your account there and sign up for the class through the app store, you can log in online to see content on your computer here.
- Download the printable image of this artist character right here! Color her up and post her on social media to let your friends know you’re participating in Peace Love & Art! Use #peaceloveandart for the hashtag.
In case you missed any of the doodling this week – here ya go!
- Demo for Wash & Ink class
- Wash & Ink class
- OOPS! Bob Ross bird on a tree (short video)
- Wash & Ink bouquet, video coming later
- Wash & Ink garden (backwards short video)
- Wash & Ink owl (short video) – with contest on IG
- Morning vlog, filling a pen (short video)
- The Struggle is Real (short video)
- Wash & Ink space station (short video)
- Wash & Ink carnation (tiny tutorial)
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art
- TWSBI Eco Fountain Pen EF
- House of Hoffman Palette
- Daniel Smith Watercolors:
- Da Vinci Maestro Kolinsky Sable Brush – Round 10