I might be squeaking in at the end with an official portrait for Black History Month – but it’s still February so let’s get to it!
Nina Simone is one of my favorite jazz singers – she has a unique voice, and a unique boldness in her music. She’s no longer with us but her YT channel still uploads old footage of her in clubs and other venues, so I used some of that as well as the few color photos to add my own color to this AP/Time photo:
Watch the video below or click here to watch it on YouTube.
In case you missed these – I did a lot of different types of hair on social media this week!
- Copic color ideas for black hair (with free download)
- Girl with epic hair, copic only short video, and copic + pencil short video
- Crafty lady stamp colored in just 2 colors, short video
- Hair curl in watercolor pencil, short video
- Girl on black paper with Polychromos pencils
- 3 ways to color with complements, tiny tutorial
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art