Hello friends! Hope you’ve had a good week. It’s been…well it’s been one around here, know what I mean? So I made something beautifully yellow to cheer myself up. And whoever I send it to as well!
Supplies for this project are linked at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links may be used at no cost to you.
I made a similar card earlier this year that I shared on social media (keep scrollin’) but this time I wanted to try it in watercolor – and I loved how it worked out!
You can use other flowers and sentiments with this technique, but I had to use Mondo Pansy, – such a pretty flower! Nice and loose and easy.
And maybe I’m the only one – but I love super pretty cards that LOOK like they’re layered but aren’t. Less extra postage on the envelope!
Here’s the inspiration card. The card front is the light green paper; the outside border is Copic. There’s a tiny bit of Copic in the flowers too, then I added some dimension to the lettering.
Compensated affiliate links may be used – that means if you make a purchase using my links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work on this blog! Read more.
- Mondo Pansy by Brandi Kincaid, Ellen Hutson Stamps
- Thank You For Being A Friend by Brandi Kincaid, Ellen Hutson Stamps
- Combo with these two plus another floral by Brandi Kincaid
- Cold Press Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12, Arches
- Ranger Distress Oxide Ink Pads:
- DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors:
- Winsor Newton Kolinsky Sable Series 7 Round 10 brush