Hello friends! Hope you’ve had a good week. It’s been…well it’s been one around here, know what I mean? So I made something beautifully yellow to cheer myself up. And whoever I send it to as well!
Supplies for this project are linked at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links may be used at no cost to you.
I made a similar card earlier this year that I shared on social media (keep scrollin’) but this time I wanted to try it in watercolor – and I loved how it worked out!
You can use other flowers and sentiments with this technique, but I had to use Mondo Pansy, – such a pretty flower! Nice and loose and easy.
And maybe I’m the only one – but I love super pretty cards that LOOK like they’re layered but aren’t. Less extra postage on the envelope!
Here’s the inspiration card. The card front is the light green paper; the outside border is Copic. There’s a tiny bit of Copic in the flowers too, then I added some dimension to the lettering.
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art
- Mondo Pansy by Brandi Kincaid, Ellen Hutson Stamps
- Thank You For Being A Friend by Brandi Kincaid, Ellen Hutson Stamps
- Combo with these two plus another floral by Brandi Kincaid
- Cold Press Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12, Arches
- Ranger Distress Oxide Ink Pads:
- DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors:
- Winsor Newton Kolinsky Sable Series 7 Round 10 brush