Happy Earth Day! It’s that holiday when we look around at this big beautiful planet and figure out how we can be part of helping it stay healthy – it’s up to us! My project today is….a little odd, but goes well with the theme – it’s an illustration of a dream I had of being a snail on….Mars?
Watch the video below or click here to see it on YouTube.
Another drawing for the stash drawer! Some day someone is going to clean that out and wonder if I had a good psychiatrist while alive. LOL!
Whilr creating this week‘s tiny tutorial, I also created a free Earth Day printable! And when you print out an image like it so big there’s no room for the sentiment… you have to get creative with trimming! 🤣 (although I think it’s pretty effective like this, what do you think?)
In case you missed the fun earth day plant and animal projects on social, here’s links to them!
- 3 Tulip Wreaths tutorial
- Realistic Flowers Classes are now available in colored pencil and Copic!
- New flower printables to color
- The secret to getting better at art (short video)
- Ukraine sunflower fundraiser at Colorado Craft Company (short coloring video)
- 2 colored pencil supplies on my desk now: Dahle chubby pencil sharpener (It’s only about $4 at Blick but $13 on Amazon, so you do you.); and General’s Pencil Extender holds the thicker pencils as well as Prismacolor (see short video)
- Brusho tree (gotta see the Minions short video!)
- Earth Day wreath using MISKIT frisket (short video)
- Earth Day Tiny Tutorial – with freebie to download and color yourself!
- sketching a pinecone
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art
- Hahnemule Ingres Paper, tan
- Copic Markers
- Copic Hex Chart
- White Prismacolor Pencil
- Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencil Set
- Airbrush ABS3
- Air Compressor (only need compressor and cord, not this kit specifically)
- Cord, if it doesn’t come with the compressor
- Frisket Film roll
- Frisket Film sheets
Stunning art Sandy, realy stunning!
If it only could be true that you could save the Earth Sandy.
Let’s hope everyone try a little harder and it will eventually work out. Every little bit helps.
Thank you so much for this awesome video, stay safe and have a wonderful weekend.
yep – dreams are so funny & sometimes odd . . . . LOVE your artwork, Sandy!
This is so cool
Sandy, i just watched your you tube video. This is such an incredible drawing. Instead of putting in a drawer, please let me buy iy it. I love it so so much. I wish i had dreMs like that and could recreate them like this. I am truly in love with this piece of artwork. Any consideration is appreciated.