Today is MFT day in my world! It may be Friday the 13th but it’s our LUCKY day – we get to gather inspiration, and then get together to color together this evening! PJs welcome!
This card is over on the MFT blog:
Tonight at 5pm Pacific (8pm Eastern)…I’ll be painting LIVE on my Facebook page! Details:
- Download the image from the MFT blog post.
- Print IF YOU CAN on watercolor paper with waterproof ink. That’s a rare combo – so you might need to just use your printer with a medium you love that’ll work with that ink and paper. You can watch the Copic video version HERE.
- If you bought the Pile On the Hugs stamp set already, you can stamp the little girl on your favorite watercolor paper to paint along! Stamp in a waterproof ink; I used Versafine Onyx Black.
- Join in live: I’m hoping THIS is the link; I’m trying something new so if the video doesn’t appear on that event page, just go to my full page and you should find it there!5. Be sure to comment during the livecast….there’ll be goodies to win, including the card that I paint!
- COLORS: You can choose your own colors for the little girl and her outfit. Suggested scene colors:
- Watercolor: Cobalt blue, Burnt Umber, and Paynes Blue Gray, with Titaniim white or white pen for snow.
- Copics: B21, B45, E33, E49, E37
- Colored pencils: light and medium blues and medium and dark browns.
New classes are underway!
Coming on Black Friday – a whole bunch of new classes! I plan to have them available for the sale, and I don’t expect anyone to take them all….but I’m trying to make a little something for everyone. (So you can put them on your list for Santa!)
Between now and then I’ll share a tidbit about different ones…today – Copic Blueprints! I worked out the coolest way to make interior scenes do-able; I’d been avoiding it but came up with a great “aid” – a printable template not with the drawing, but with guidelines (blueprint!) outside the edges to assist students to get the perspective and placement right. I wanted to give y’all a heads up on marker colors (below) – note that you can make a carpet or wall any color you want, but I recommend having a decent range of greys on hand, and dark/med/lights for the selections you might want to use. Also a minimister (linked below too) with colorless blender inside. I’m so stoked – I have a ton of work to process all the videos but I’m excited for everyone to start diving in with these scenes! CLASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE THE WEEK OF BLACK FRIDAY – on Black Friday itself at the latest.
Have a happy Friday the 13th!