Yes erasing! I know lots of us use white pen, and while that’s often a great way to go – there are special eraser tools that can also be a huge help in creating a realistic scene with snow.
Supplies for this project are linked at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links may be used at no cost to you.
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it on YouTube
The erasers below:
- Electric eraser: it’s battery operated; think of it as a teeny drill. The edges get dull quickly, so you need to “sharpen” it regularly – just turn it on and let it “erase” a desktop or counter for a second and it’ll shave it down. The package I bought had a bunch of erasers in it, and replacements are cheap too – but I’ve just ordered the $40 one to see if it’s worth the extra money or not. Hang on and I’ll provide results for testing in 2022. (Sabbatical starts in December so I don’t think I’ll get to it by then.)
- Tombow Knock Stick eraser – green plastic case. I’ve had this for years, I use it for larger areas of targeted erasing.
- Tombow Mono eraser – flat. More of a chisel point, and you can carve it into a shape you need.
- Tombow Mono eraser – round. A bullet style nib, very tiny.
Tombow Mono Zero Eraser, flat Tombow Mono Zero Eraser, round
The Polychromos colors used for today’s project….
The finished card is 5×7 due to the size of the train station – eeep! Horizontal would have been better for an A2 but I couldn’t fit in trees if I did that.
See the masking for the train card here.
Guest video at MFT today!
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art
- Purple Onion Designs stamps:
- Polychromos Pencils: EH – BLICK
- Polychromos Hex Chart
- Stonehenge Drawing Paper Pads, warm white: AMZ – BLICK
- MISTI Stamping Tool, My Sweet Petunia
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Blending stumps: EH – BLICK
- Gamsol Blending solution: EH – BLICK