So so much craziness in the week, summed up in a long and winding vlog! A fundraiser that only 13 people can participate in…cards for seniors…some free digis….and a tale from my Pandemic Period. Which may have to be a book, doesn’t it sound like a book title?
Supplies for this project are linked at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links may be used at no cost to you.
Crafty Fundraiser: 13 packs!
I normally send out RAKs periodically – but I thought I’d try something to raise some funds for World Central Kitchen who’s feeding people…..Jose Andres has even started hiring local restaurants to provide the food, thus doing double the good! The packs of crafty goodness are loaded with 12 or more stamp sets/dies and other tidbits; each is different, most are slightly used, some are brand new, but mojo is intact on all! Click to buy.
Cards for Seniors
Many people are asking where to send all the cards they’re making – and I thought I’d share one place I’m sending a lot: seniors! Find your local nursing homes and assisted living type places. Call and ask if you could drop off some letters for residents, then do whatever they ask; they may want them unsealed, or other requirements, and may have a particular dropoff procedure that is safe.
Then write notes in them! I start with “Hi there!” And then a mix of these:
- Who I am and where I live. If sending to a faraway facility (like me sending to Mom across the country), tell them your weather!
- Talk about your pets, or your kids.
- Tell jokes! Bad dad jokes are the best. Keep it clean.
- Tell them you’re praying for them.
- And that they’re loved and special. The folks they deliver your mail to might not get much mail, and they need to hear they’re awesome!
On the outside I keep it simple:
I saw someone post the quarantine hair stamp on Instagram nad had to go get it – along with some other freebies. Scroll down for my cards or just get busy shopping for free:
Note: This stamp below comes as a white background with black text. If you have a photo inverter, you can use the invert command to reverse colors.
Compensated affiliate links may be used – that means if you make a purchase using my links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work on this blog! Read more.
- Robert Oster Australian Opal Mauve – https://salln.net/2ycjE78
- Glass Dip Pen – https://salln.net/2KNpr5S
- Indigo Paper Arts Sketchbook
- 9×12 at Blick – https://salln.net/3bPbIqR (the 6×9 shown does not appear to be available any longer
- Digis at IO -https://salln.net/2ycjHzQ
- Crafty fundraiser – https://art-classes.com/product/crafty-fundraiser/