EDITED: Class date has to change for a variety of reasons; new start date is May 27. Students who are signed up during preregistration before May 6 get a BONUS lesson, so don’t miss out! That will be the *only* place anyone ever sees that lesson or receives the digital stamp created just for that date.
I’m SO excited to finally be able to share a peek at what I’ve been working on for the last few weeks. Well, months, actually! You’ve been asking me for a Copic class on my site for eons…and I have finally knuckled down and worked it out!
Copic Jumpstart Class
Learn more about Copics – how to choose them and how to use them! I’ve assembled information that will be helpful for both new Copic colorists and experienced folks alike. And many brand new concepts in using these markers that hasn’t been shared before! More info on the class is in the store HERE – and the class is discounted from now until class starts on May 27th! Feel free to share this with your friends so they don’t miss out on the discounted price.
See the video for a little preview…watch below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube!
I’ll still be finishing the class videos and letting you know just how much content there will be in the long run – but suffice it to say there will be hours and hours of content. I just couldn’t stop myself! ha!
This is a very different class than I’ve done before – so bear with me, ok? Pre-registration is open right now – and the discount code (see below) starts right away too.
- Pre-class has almost 40 minutes of teaching starting right away. If that’s any indication, there’s going to be hours of video to watch once class starts, eh?
- Class officially starts May 27th. If you sign up ahead, you’ll not only get a discount on the cost of class – you’ll be tracking right along with everyone else.
- Every two days – a new lesson! There are TEN lessons in all – that’s over three weeks of class FUN! You can do the lessons anytime of course – just save the emails and you can join in whenever you’re able.
- If you sign up on or AFTER May 27: The first day you sign up is your Pre-Class day. After that, you’ll get a lesson every 2 days. That could mean you’re a couple days off from those who signed up ahead of time.
- LIVE instructor feedback. (LiveISH!) From May 27 to June 18, I’ll be commenting and giving feedback as much as humanly possible. I’m going to try to at the very least to “like” and give “hearts” to all – agh! What am I getting myself into! lol. But I’m going to try.
- After June 18, the class converts to self-paced. InLinkz in each lesson will be closed but viewable, and comments will be closed. But you can continue to share using #copicjumpstart on Instagram!
Supplies & Discount Code
A discount code (supplied in the PreClass lesson) begins April 1 and will be good through May 31, 2016 on all purchases made at Ellen Hutson LLC. PLEASE sign up for notifications on any items out of stock. Ellen and her team will be working hard to get as much as we need in stock before class begins – so knowing how many of you need which marker color or which stamp will help them know how much to order. Copic markers are crazy-hard to get right now. I was hoping it was going to get easier “in the spring” as Copic told me, but….gah! So I’m giving this class a LONG lead time.
Once you purchase the class, you’ll receive an email with a link to the pre-class classroom with 4 videos, a bunch of pdfs, all the supplies for class – and that awesome coupon code! I hope you’re as excited as I am about this!
Not enough fun yet?
Try pinning this baby. 🙂
Edited to add…FAQ
- Do I have to be there at a special time? No. It’s not broadcast live – you can watch anytime.
- Will I have ongoing access? Yep! As long as this website is here, the class will be here for you. Save those emails with the link and password and you’ll be good to go.
- Can I download the videos? I’m going to try that after all. I had a really bad experience last year with someone swiping copies of my videos and posing as me on a new channel, and I’m extremely nervous about that. But if y’all pinky swear not to do that….then I’ll make the videos downloadable.
- Can I get a list of markers so I know how bad the budget will be hit before I sign up? You can go to THIS page, it’s mostly the list that I’ll be using throughout class. But – in preclass I provide a list of alternate colors for MANY of them, so you may have plenty of those colors. If you get into preclass and realize there’s just no way you can make it work, email me and I can refund your money. No harm no foul!
- How about other supplies, like stamps? For the stamped cards I’ll be showing, you do NOT have to have those stamps. You may well have something in your stash that’ll work. In preclass you can see sneak peeks, and I’ve added a little description of other images that can work to practice the same skill on that card.
- Can I use other alcohol markers? Honestly I don’t know. I have two people who are going to try it with SN markers and see if the techniques work, but many of these ideas are color- and nib-dependent, so I can’t make promises. If you’d like to wait for my “guinea pigs” to go through the first round, I’ll get a report back from them and let you know what they say, ok?
- What if I have zero Copics? Is there a short list of what I really need? On the preclass page, I’ve added a couple options for you. It’ll hamstring you on a few things if you have so few pens (about 16 markers are in each option) – but remember, you can come back and “re-take” the class anytime. So once your birthday comes, and Mother’s Day, and be nice to your wife day, and Christmas…well by then you’ll have plenty of colors right? *grin*