TGIF! What a brutal couple of weeks it’s been eh? I had to find something to help get me through it and often just doodling does me a lot of good; not a ton of thinking to do, and I can still come out with something beautiful as I process thoughts about all the violence happening nowadays.
Watch the video below or click here to see it on YouTube.
I stuck with analagous colors so I wouldn’t be fighting neutral mixes. Blending was almost entirely pencil until I got to the end – a few spots needed more contrast, since pencil on Yupo doesn’t get very dark, and a couple marker strokes helped. It was super hard to blend into mediums to get transitions though, so I wouldn’t use much Copic for something like this; I had to fight to fix some chunky marker lines.
This is the before and after…
In case you missed the socials this week, here you go!
- Monday’s easy alcohol project
- Meet Bob ….and then what happened to him
- Lorax Trees (Short video)
- Your Not To Do List (tiny tutorial)
- Dealing with Doubt, Anxiety, and Fear (short video)
- Artist brain on overload (short video)
- On being weird (short video)
- Sketching while waiting on computer stuff (short video)
- Idea gone wrong…or not? (short video)
- Artist rules (short video)