I love love love realistic flowers! I got out my airbrush – and some watercolor! – for three monochromatic cards….one color plus black and white.I elaborated a little on details I didn’t describe much in the voiceover . . . scroll below to see more info.
2021 NOTE: These stamps in the video are no longer available but you can use any of your flower stamps to make something similar. I made the red one below with Mondo Chrysanthemum, and you can see a quick video of it on Instagram or Facebook today, April 29 2021.
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
As seen in the video:
- Stamp flowers around the border, and some embellishment flowers and birds too.
- Airbrush (or ink) background and flower and hummingbird. I used the Craft Assistant (the black metal plate – super easy to clean!), and Copic Airbrush Kit, ABS-3 with BG09.
- Use Colorless blender to remove ink from highlight areas. Or get out a white pencil to add highglights. If needed add a little darker color too – but I don’t think doing that here improved things. Ha.
- Stamp and emboss sentiment – use Powder Tool to remove static, then stamp with VersaMark Ink Pad so it’s sticky, then sprinkle Hero Arts Embossing Powder onto it. Shake excess off then heat with Embossing Gun.
- Adhere panel to layers as desired, and pop with Foam Tape
- Trim flower and bird out, then adhere with more foam tape.
Follow the same procedure as the last card but with addition of a color like a green in some areas.
Watercolor cards with backgrounds like this are so fun – just splooge on Nickel Azo, New Gamboge and Aussie Red Gold with a little Sap Green. When dry darken centers with Neutral Tint. Stamp again and do the same for one flower, that will be trimmed out and popped with dimensional adhesive. For the centers, I added Glossy Accentsand (gasp) Glitter!
Some product may be provided by manufacturers for review and use. Compensated affiliate links are here at no cost to you. If you choose to shop using my EH (Ellen Hutson) links, please accept cookies on that site in order to retain the link to my blog, or that compensation does not happen for me. I appreciate your support of my work with your purchases! Full affiliate and product disclosure | My trusted partners in art
- Power Poppy stamps I used are out of production.
- Mini MISTI Stamping Tool, My Sweet Petunia
- VersaFine Ink Pad, Onyx Black
- VersaMark Ink Pad
- Powder Deactivator Tool, We R
- White Embossing Powder, Hero Arts
- Heat Tool, WOW
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
- Glossy Accents
- Air Compressor – (only need comp and cord, not this kit)
- Cord, if it doesn’t come with the compressor
- Eclipse Tape, Judikins
- Jet Black Lawn Fawn Ink Pad
- Copic Markers: EH – Blick
- Neenah Cardstock, Solar White: 25pk – 250pk
- Daniel Smith Watercolors EH – BLICK
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Round #8 EH – BLICK – AMZ
- Arches Cold Press Paper: EH – BLICK
stunning monochromatic cards!
Love the coloring on colored cardstock!
Very pretty monochromatic cards!!
Excellent, I love the cards and I’ve always loved your amazing art. Thanks for sharing.
Love the monochrome designs! Lovely cards!
These are very pretty! 🙂
Awesome cards, Sandy.
Love how different all of these stamped imaged look using a monochromatic colour scheme.
Great cards. I never think to go monochromatic. Thank you for the inspiration.
Beautiful cards, I love the loose watercolor technique
I have recently “discovered” Power Poppy…I’m truly in love with all beautiful talent that is shared. I wish I could illustrate as Marcella but the next best thing – I can color!
Sandy – love your blog – you make me to want to try to do the best that I can while learning
Beautiful cards. I especially like the purple one.
Sandy as always you inspire and teach those of us without every color in the catalogue can do with a great stamp and a few good tools! Thank you!
Beautiful work. Wonderful images and colours. Love them all!
Beautiful as always Sandy!
Your cards are beautiful as always! I think the daisies are my favorite! Thanks for sharing!
Love the monochromatic card using airbrush. Somehow, I don’t achieve the same look as yours when using the Blenderless pen. Any suggestions?
I love the purple berries card. So pretty. I definitely will have to try this technique. Love your work.
Wow! I love how your cards look using the colorless blender! So pretty!
Monochromatic is such a powerful statement. Especially love the berries. Could watch you all day Sandy. Thanks for sharing these.
Love the monochromatic look on all these cards.
Love all the cards, they are so peaceful
Your cards are beautiful. Love them!