In last month’s Ellen Hutson release, one of the cards that got the most comments (I was surprised!) was my porthole card with the octopi (see it later in this post) – so I decided to show you how to make one like it, along with a couple other designs too. Three cards in one video!
Compensated affiliate links may be used – that means if you make a purchase using my links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work on this blog! Read more.
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
First – the older cards. Sometimes I forget that I post a lot more on social media and those cards don’t make it to my blog or YouTube so here are two! The card on the left is the inspiration for today’s post. The one on the right with the flying sub – too many people were shocked I hadn’t made a yellow submarine in THIS card, so…..well I had to do one! ha! Gotta love the sentiment from the Pure magic set too 🙂
In this first card in the video, I used a Gerda Steiner stamp set (yes it has SHARKS! I told you I have a thing for sharks!) since I had already made the one with the octopi from the Subbing In stamp set;
Secondly, the porthole set has little dies in it for starfish, corals, bubbles, etc, so I nested them together. A bit of a pain to reassemble when nesting them after intertwining, but the nice flat effect on the card is sure nice! Sentiment is from Subbing In .
FYI the lid is showing this well-loved inpad’s age. LOL. How long til the printing rubs off? Anyone have one in worse shape? Post yours on social media, I’d love to see if anyone loves on their ink pads more!
PS that bloghop…
Go see the bloghop HERE from last month, there are a few porthole cards in that too!
- Porthole & Waves Die Combo, Essentials By Ellen Designer Dies
- Porthole, Essentials By Ellen Dies
- Waves die, Essentials By Ellen Dies
- Big Bite, Gerda Steiner Designs Stamps
- Big Bite, Gerda Steiner Designs Dies
- Subbing In, Essentials By Ellen Clear Stamps
- Pure Magic, Essentials By Ellen Clear Stamps
- Connect Glue, Gina K Designs
- Tim Holtz Tonic Retractable Craft Pick
- QuickStik, We R Memory Keepers
- Craft Knife, Fingertip, Fiskars
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
- Solar White 110 lb – 25 pk, Neenah Classic Crest Cardstock
- Solar White – 25 pk, Neenah Classic Crest Cardstock
- Jet Black, Lawn Fawn Ink Pad
- Jet Black, Lawn Fawn Reinker
- Uni-ball Impact Gel Pen, White
- Copic Markers
- Neenah Cardstock
- Ocean Sparkle, Lawn Fawn Hemp Cord