WARNING: This video is a bit different than my usual. It includes a story in the voiceover that might not be good for your little ones; if it makes you uncomfortable, just turn off the sound and watch with Christmas music for a more cheerful version.
An experience from decades ago contributed to shape who I am; it’s not one I’ve shared with anyone until very recently. In today’s video, I share that story as a way to encourage others who have been through traumatic experiences, that you might know you are not alone.
Watch it below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”-2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Help for survivors
If you need assistance coping, please reach out to someone. Especially during the holidays – these can be a rough few weeks ahead. There are many who care…..I’ve listed just a few hotlines:
- National Sexual Assault Hotline , Call 1-800-656-4673 – Available 24 hours everyday, they also have online chat
- Suicide Prevention Hotline Call 1-800-273-8255 – Available 24 hours everyday
- Lifeline Crisis Chat
- Stop Soldier Suicide
- Crisis Text Line for veterans Get free help now: Text CONNECT to 741741 in the United States.
- If you don’t have anyone to talk to and none of these suggestions look good to you, you can email your story to the email address I set up. You’ll receive an automated reply from me.
The bloghop and prizes
There are 18 lovelies participating in the hop, and some prizes along the way too! I have some packages of lightly-used art supplies to give away to help 4 randomly drawn commenters make something pretty too::
- A set of three packs of distress crayons
- A tin of Spectrum Noir watercolor pencils
- A tin of Spectrum Noir colored pencils
- A pack of Faber Castell Art Grip watercolor pencils
Now hop along and go see what everyone else is making today:
- Sandy Allnock (you’re here)
- Josefine Fouarge
- Rubeena Ianigro
- Leigh Houston
- Mamie Carson Wadsworth
- Tania Ahmed
- Ana Reese
- Tracy Freeman
- Amy Tsuruta
- Tracie Pond
- Sharna Waksmulski
- Alix Davis
- Janette Kausen
- Mayra Duran-Hernandez
- Kimberly Wiener
- Joanne Maree Soukup
- Crissy Salima Smith
My painting is now at Society 6, and any proceeds are being donated to RAINN. I’m hoping to add some more of my recent work to the site over the weekend- let me know if there’s something in particular you’ve wanted prints of and if I still have it here I’ll photograph and add it. Because Christmas is coming! The original is framed and will be hanging at my church in the next few weeks.