Even as a seasoned card maker, I enjoy learning tips & tricks from other crafters. My favorite tip/trick is one that applies to all of us whether we are stampers, colorists, diecutters: create something every day. If all we do is look at our pretty crafty supplies, or run our hands through a cup of gorgeous sequins, but never use them….we’ll never learn our craft! So even on days when I make something totally ugly – I make sure I make something.
With that, welcome to my stop on the Ellen Hutson Design Team bloghop! I’m so excited to be on the team! Keep on scrolling to see a pretty watercolor project, then get to the bloghop info!
Watercoloring Transparent Tulips
While wanting to do a comparison between the old and new Quinacridone Gold paints (the planet recently ran OUT of the pigment for the old one, and Daniel Smith engineered a replacement)….if you know me, I got bored just doing swatches. Let’s paint something! How about tulips, since Easter and Mother’s Day are around the corner? Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
Hope you found these tulips bringing a little sunshine to your spring – Easter and Mother’s Day are on the way!
The watercolor class mentioned on the video is here – click to go see more details….the class is on a special sale THIS WEEKEND ONLY!
Bloghop plus some silliness…
- Coffee or tea? Oh goodness, neither. LOL! I live in the Seattle area and don’t drink either, can you believe it?
- How did you come up with your blog name? Well it was going to be icantstopembellishing.com at one time —back when I embellished the heck out of everything. (I still own the url!)
- Tell us one silly/random/interesting tidbit about yourself! There are soooooo many! A recent one…I like to play along with random challenges on the interwebs from time to time. And while I was on vacation, I saw one on twitter that I couldn’t resist: it’s called the #hobbylobbychallenge but lots are doing it at whatever store is in their area. The idea is to go to the florals section and take dreamy pics that look like they’re in a garden! I got laughed at while I was there, but figured, what the heck, I’ll never see these folks again, right? Here are the ones I took!
- I shared a little about why I’ve joined the team earlier this year…see the video HERE…..and now the hop list!
- Ardyth Percy-Robb
- Carissa Wiley
- Carly Tee Minner
- Carolyn Peeler
- Elena Roussakis
- Emily Midgett
- Heather Campbell
- Julia Stainton
- Julie Ebersole
- Justine Hovey
- Kelly Griglione
- Kittie Caracciolo
- Laurel Beard
- Lisa Adametz
- Lisa Spangler
- Lydia Evans
- Michele Ferguson
- Sandy Allnock <—that’s me
- Sharon Harnist
- Therese Calvird
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Canson Arches Cold Press Watercolor Paper Pad
- DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolor
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes:
- Essentials by Ellen Designer Dies, Brushstroke Hello by Julie Ebersole
- Be Creative Tape, 65mm (2.5″)
- Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock: