It’s new release day – with a HOP this time! Ellen doesn’t often do them for her own releases so I’m excited to see what everyone has to share; especially others who used the Subbing In set, my fave in this release!
Compensated affiliate links may be used – that means if you make a purchase using my links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work on this blog! Read more.
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
When watercoloring a background for a card like this, it’s helpful to tilt it at an angle to keep the paint moving – and I turned it upside down so the heavier, darker color is at the bottom of the water.
I loved having the lil critters driving the submarine! Those eyeballs make me GRIN! And can you believe this card was painted with just 3 colors?
I made a few samples of the other sets for Ellen’s shop…first, Good Egg with a little Copic and white pencil on a simple popped Desert Storm cardstock panel:
The Porthole die was crying out for a bunch of jellyfish and octopi swimming outside! Lots of layers of color plus bubbles with white pen highlights.
Life’s a picnic….I piled the basket full of goodies, and added a little pattern from an older stamp set to the left side of the card!
Cooking lady – she’s colored in Copics, and has a whole set of shelves behind her that were stamped in light ink and shaded just slightly with W markers to match the ink color.
We’ve got super fun prizes!!! One random & lucky commenter will win $25 to the EH shop and one will win the whole July Essentials by Ellen release!!! To enter for a chance to win, make sure to leave comments at each stop along the hop! Comment before Thursday, July 18th at 11:59pm PST. Winners will be notified by email.
- Adelina Starace
- Mindy Eggen
- Elena Roussakis
- Ardyth Percy-Robb
- Kelly Griglione
- Michele Ferguson
- Therese Calvird
- Sandy Allnock —you’re here!
- Lisa Spangler
- Julie Ebersole
- Mindy Baxter
- Carly Tee Minner
- Emily Midgett
- Subbing In By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Clear Stamps
- Subbing In By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Designer Dies
- Waves By Julie Ebersole, Essentials By Ellen Designer Dies
- Porthole, Essentials By Ellen Designer Dies
- Life’s A Picnic By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Clear Stamps
- Life’s A Picnic By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Designer Dies
- Good Egg By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Clear Stamps
- Good Egg By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Designer Dies
- Cooking Lady By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Clear Stamps
- Cooking Lady By Brandi Kincaid, Essentials By Ellen Designer Die
- Arches Cold Press Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes:
Short Round 8
Short Round 12
- My Daniel Smith Watercolor palette colors
- Arches Cold Press Paper
- Cobalt Teal Blue
- Indanthrone Blue
- Payne’s Blue Gray
- Ranger Accents, Glossy Accents