Peekaboo Penguin Valentines
I don’t know about you, but I love special little cards that have some kind of interactivity to them – especially for Valentines. And tiny valentines? They remind me of childhood and those sets I got to pick out…Betty Boop themed, or Disney, or whatever my passion of the day was. I decided to get out my Envie die set again and make one for my niece, and also a bunch for a church fundraiser I’m working on for Valentines Day. And I just got the little penguin and Eiffel Tower from Poppy Stamps too, and since I’m reminiscing about being in Paris almost a year ago – that was the perfect set to use. Watch the video below, or click HERE to watch on YT.
A few other tips to add – I just bought myself a new pad of Versafine ink recently – and I can’t tell you how much nicer it stamps than my 10 year old pad that’s been reinked over and over! It’s worth a little treat for yourself once in a while. 🙂
Aren’t these darling when all wrapped up with a bit of twine? Actually it’s hemp cord – which stays in place better than twine – it’s just slightly stiff, so you can bend it nicely into a bow.
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the listed items to go directly to it. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Stamps: Poppystamps , Ooh La La (also has coordinating Dies)
- Dies: Avery Elle-ments Dies, Envie
- Coloring medium: ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers
- Watercolor Paper: Canson XL Watercolor Paper
- Embellishing: Ranger Accents, Glossy Accents, Lawn Fawn Orchid Hemp Cord, Orchid
- Cute brads: Hero Arts, Pearl Heart and Diamond Heart
- Ink: VersaFine Ink Pad, Onyx Black
- Tools: Clear Acrylic Block, 3.5 Round w/ Finger Grips , Fingertip knife