Sometimes you have an image that needs to play hide and seek. To somehow peek around another image that is on the card. Like the 2nd rhino on my card in the Birth-Yay stamp set from MFT – the rhino on the left is part of one large stack of animals in one stamp…but the extra rhino is just by himself.
Compensated affiliate links may be used – that means if you make a purchase using my links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work on this blog! Read more.
Always be thinking about which image is in the front. In this scene, the head of the rhino on the right is in the front. Then the other rhino, then behind it all is the back of the rhino. In this case, there was only a little curve-of-the back that could have been stamped, but a pen did the job easily.
The sentiment stamp I picked didn’t really fit on the front nicely…so I put it inside. There are lots of birthday sentiments in this set, but I used the more generic one so I can send this card as any kind of celebration!
The grasses, by the way, were just scribbled Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencils which I smooshed around with a baby wipe to get that nice soft blending!
The finished card is just mounted on layers of cardstock. Super cute!
The Best Dog Mom contest was sooooo hard to judge. So many awesome dogmoms and pupperkids!!! But…there can only be two crowns so here goes…Send me your addies and I’ll pack up the goodies!
- Birth-Yay By Birdie Brown, My Favorite Things Clear Stamps
- Birth-Yay By Birdie Brown, My Favorite Things Die-Namics
- My Sweet Petunia MISTI Laser Etched Stamping Tool (8-1/8 X 10-1/2)
- My Sweet Petunia Mini MISTI Laser Etched Stamping Tool (6-1/8 X 7)
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes, Short Round 4
- Arches French Bound Hot Press Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12
- Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencils