Last chance to enter the 20k giveaway is today; winners will be announced tomorrow!
My sweet friend Kelly (you might want to go give her a follow, she’s awesomely talented!) gave me these Parisian dies for my birthday after I got back from my European vacation…and though I’ve used them since then, I just haven’t had a chance to get any projects with them onto my blog til now!
Eiffel Tower Pop Stand Die
The die set, which has 4 dies in it, can be used as a single Eiffel Tower shape – which is what I chose to do with the first project, the card. I had dinner in Seattle recently, and at a table in the restaurant I was inspired; they had a diecut shape with rocks peeking underneath it. That got me thinking shaker card immediately – a shaker that’s black with some shiny treasures inside! I also finally tried out the Inksheets from Sizzix – they’re a fun way to turn your dies into “stamps!”
The second project is a decorative piece; though the popstand version can be used inside a card, I wanted something visibly reminding me of my amazing trip. It’s either a holiday decoration or a year-round one! Watch the video below to see both projects – or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube!
The glass glitter isn’t, in my opinion, glitter; it’s more like confetti, or flakes. It’s not nearly as messy as glitters – but oh the shine! And those inksheets are a lot of fun – I saw a demo at CHA and the white one? Seriously white and bright. If you haven’t tried it yet and want to, they do have a little kit – with the pad and a selection of colored sheets.
My second project was way fast once I made the decision to go white! I played around with a couple different colors, and as I pictured the shelf I wanted to put this on, the other colors just wouldn’t show up. White seemed just perfect! For the topper, by the way, I put some of the Multi Matte Medium (the bottle with the brush this time) on the end of the tower, then dipped it into the glass glitter. I painted some of the same glue onto the base and added the glitter to it by shaking it on. Super easy!
If you know anyone who went to Paris on vacation this year, this would be an awesome gift to make them for Christmas. Just saying, I’d be thrilled if anyone made a memento for me of a trip. It’s getting toward holiday gift making time! (ACK! #enterfreakoutmode)
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the picture or wording to go directly to the item. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Dies: Eiffel Tower Pop Stand by Karen Burniston, and Memory Box Dies, Starry Night Background
- Inside the shaker: Prima Glitter Glass, Gold Rush
- Inksheets: Sizzix Inksheets Transfer Film, Gold used with Inksheets Transfer Pad
- Inking: Delicata Ink Pad, Golden Glitz applied with Sponge Dauber
- Adhesives: Stamp Runner & Refill and Foam Tape
- Dies: Eiffel Tower Pop Stand by Karen Burniston, Hearts, and Ovals
- Adhesives: Stamp Runner & Refill, Be Creative Tape (1/4″) and Multi Matte Medium w/ Brush
- Adding texture: Ranger Texture Paste applied with Palette Knife
- Paper: Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb, 25 pk
- At the base of the piece: Prima Glitter Glass, Gold Rush