Painting with Dot Charts – Hero Arts Kit April 2016
Two of my artsy craftsy favorites have linked arms for a beautiful kit! There’s a special palette of Daniel Smith paints (in the form of a dot chart) along with Hero Arts stamps, dies, paper, a brush…everything you need in one lovely kit! How perfect! Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
The kit is pretty fantastic especially for a new watercolorist. It’s an easy way to get a stamp and die set that you can use independently (I wanna color that flower with my Copics!) along with card bases and paper – and a brush and paints to try out!
The My Monthly Hero April 2016 kit (cost $29.99) is available for a limited time only – once it’s gone, it’s gone! It contains:
- A 4×6 clear stamp set.
- A set of four Frame Cuts dies, designed to cut and stack the flower into a layered element. Stamp the rose four times to use with these dies.
- A Paper Layering die, which allows you to pop-up a single stamped rose for a different dimensional look.
- A dot sheet of DANIEL SMITH watercolors in a palette specifically selected for Hero Arts. Each dot of paint allows watercoloring of 2-3 images, to give you an introduction to these wonderful paints.
- A waterbrush.
- Letterpress paper (heavy cardstock) in cream and white, notecards and pearls.
The 3 optional add-on items:
- CL980 Happy Mother’s Day ($15.99)
- DI190 Happy Mother’s Day Frame Cuts ($14.99)
- DANIEL SMITH watercolor paints in 15ml tubes – 18 colors in all, the colors used on the Hero Arts Palette dot sheet.
Other supplies used
(These are not included in the kit, just to be clear…)
- Sunshine cards
- Silver brushes (my preferred kind)
- Bubblegum and Field Greens inks
- Daniel Smith dot chart – 238 colors
- iPhone to interrupt your painting
Hero Arts is giving away one kit as a prize to one blog reader (see their post HERE) – selected from the comments across all of the blogs in the hop. Go leave love all over to qualify to win!
- The Hero Arts Blog
- Yana Smakula
- Lucy Abrams
- Mariana Grigsby
- Amy Tsuruta
- Kelly Rasmussen
- Clare Prezzia
- Wanda Guess
- Joan Bardee
- Sandy Allnock
- Lydia Fiedler
- Kathy Racoosin
- Libby Hickson
Even more Daniel Smith info
Because, well, I have more. LOL. #0versharer!
- Quick Tips series – we’re about midway on this short and easy-to-understand technique series every Sunday!
- Blog posts in the CLASSroom with cool pinnable technique graphics
- My other Daniel Smith videos – with 5 real-time paintalong videos with sketches
- Larger swatches of the colors you get in this kit, in case you just have to have the whole tube. (Ask my wallet how I know. LOL) Quinacridone Pink, Quinacridone Fuchsia, Quinacridone Violet, Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Scarlet Hue, Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue, Quinacridone Gold, Quinacridone Sienna, Ultramarine Turquoise, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Cascade Green, Serpentine Genuine, Green Apatite Genuine, Phthalo Yellow Green, Green Gold, Moonglow