Paint-Along Series #5: Night Scene
Can you believe it’s the last day! For me it’s been a long week of catching up on other things, since this week-long project had taken me away from other things on the to-do list…housework, taxes, and other chores. But as I’ve challenged myself to do a large painting of each of these sketches….agh! I didn’t know how much that was going to add to the schedule. I have a few to finish up the last brushstrokes on, and I hope this weekend to complete them all. I hope today’s painting is an easy-ish one to tackle – make a pretty wash for a background – then paint more trees. But just in silhouette now, so maybe these will be easier since we had all that practice all week, right?
Click below to download whichever version of the sketch you’d like, then print it out and copy to your watercolor paper as shown in the video!
- Full size sketch (if you want to paint it larger) (JPG)
- 1/4 page size sketch (fits on a quarter sheet of a 9×12 pad, and fits on A2 sized greeting card) (PDF)
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the listed items to go directly to it. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- DANIEL SMITH Watercolors:
- Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes,
- Masking Fluids
- Thermoweb Adhesive Pick-Up Square
- ShurTech Yellow Frog Delicate Multisurface Masking Tape
Share your work