Hello, and welcome to the Essentials by Ellen Holiday 2015 Release Hop! I’ll be showcasing several of the new stamp sets and dies on my post today….check out all of them in the release!! (Click HERE if you’re in love already and need them ALL. I did!)
Watercolor a white poinsettia
I have a video today for this first card – I used distress inks with the Mondo Poinsettia stamp set and matching die set! In the video you’ll see a few tricks to help make your watercoloring a little easier…I discovered that leaving my diecut in place in the paper it’s cut from helped to keep it still as well as serving as a palette! Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
I’m excited to start playing around with foil in coming months as the holiday season is rolling around…I kinda skipped it when everyone else got their laminators, even though I have one. I figured I’d save myself a new technique to play with for Christmas!
Supplies for Poinsettia:
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the picture or wording to go directly to the item. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Mondo Poinsettia stamp set and matching die set!
- Sentiment from matching die set!, stamped in Hero Arts Ombre Ink
- Distress Inks and Distress Markers with Wink of Stella pen and Silver Brush
- Watercolor paper
- Foil adhered with Be Creative tape
- Dimensional adhesive is Power Tabs
- Final touches: Glossy Accents!
Are you ready for another card after all that sweet watercoloring? Let’s jump over to another season: halloween!
Color a pumpkin patch with Copics
My second card uses this sweet little halloween stamp set called Got Candy – I love non-scary cards for halloween! Even the ghosties here are just adorable. On Thursday I’ll have the video posted to show you how to color this one – including all the perfect Copic colors to use for pumpkins. If you “need” (ha) this stamp set, drop it in your cart today while you get the poinsettias so you’re ready to roll when the video lands in your inbox. That moon, which opens to reveal a surprise sentiment, is from THIS die set from last year. #justcallmeyourenabler LOL! #sorrynotsorry
Supplies for pumpkin patch:
- Got Candy stamp set and Mini Windows die set
- Copic markers (Pumpkin colors in case you’re placing orders today: YR04 YR18 E19)
- Foam tape, Glossy Accents, 2″ post it tape
- Airbrush, and my Airbrush Buyers Guide
Waitaminute, my videos aren’t landing in your inbox? We’ll have to fix that:
- Subscribe to my blog by clicking HERE (and read a little about the free gift I give to my new subbies!)….
- And/or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
And, yay!!! I also get to give this new stamp set, Mondo Poinsettia to a lucky someone! Please leave a comment to enter my giveaway!
There is also a Grand Giveaway in the CLASSroom! To enter, be sure to leave a comment there, and at every stop along the hop by August 11th, 2015; winners will be announced by the weekend!
Happy hoppin’! Your next stop is the oh-so-talented Laurel!
The bloghop list:
- The CLASSroom <–grand giveaway!
- Lisa Adametz
- Sandy Allnock <—you are here!
- Laurel Beard
- Heather Campbell
- Darlene DeVries
- Julie Ebersole
- Sharon Harnist
- Angel Johns
- Stephanie Klauck
- Amy Kolling
- Emily Leiphart
- Nichol Magouirk
- Jennifer McGuire
- Maureen Merritt
- Kay Miller
- Carolyn Peeler
- Julia Stainton
- Laura Sterckx
- Amy Tsuruta
- Kimberly Wiener
- Carissa Wiley