NOTE! It’s a holiday weekend, and that means a sale over at Ellen Hutson! Click HERE for all the mondo flower sets. I’m off to clear out my wishlist, because…
- Spend up to $75 and receive an automatic 10% off
- Spend between $75-150 and receive an automatic 15% off
- Spend over $150 and receive an automatic 20% off
Without further ado…your inspiration!
It’s the last throes of summer….let’s play with flowers once more, shall we?
Soft Watercolor Floral
The Mondo Flowers series of stamp sets at Ellen Hutson – designed by the amazing Julie Ebersole – have a bunch of different flower shapes now. And guess what? They look like a beautiful garden when they’re together! I decided to make a watercolor background out of them all, and deployed the MISTI to make it come together. Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
This technique would certainly work with other flowers – but these big Mondo stamps are particularly easy to paint with large open shapes. All are linked in the supply list below!
Yesterday on Instagram, I shared a set of cards made from these same sets, so you can see them more clearly as individual flowers…I cut 4-1/4″ square cards, with 4″ panels, fussycut the flowers and popped everything. I used the same “Lovely” sentiment set with them all.
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Essentials by Ellen Mondo Flowers:
- Daniel Smith Watercolors:
- Ranger Distress Tattered Rose – Mini Ink Pad / Regular size pad
- My Sweet Petunia MISTI Stamping Tool
- Judikins Eclipse Tape – http://salln.net/2b0oI1C
- Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes, Short Round 12
- Arches Rough Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12
- Uni-ball Impact Gel Pen, White