I used the little Magical Day set with this sweet little bear all dressed up as a magician – and his little bunny friend! They could be putting on a magic show, or performing at a birthday party – or with these colors, even celebrating halloween! (Is it too early!?)
Check out the video below, then meet me back here for a couple more tips.
Wasn’t that just a heck of a lot of fun? I know, I know, it looks like a hot mess until it’s not. I get that a lot. But it’s fun to see it come to life! A few tips:
- Let go of worries about bleeding through the back. Resolve that this will never be a one-layer card.
- Cut the paper down and do a smaller scene – a full card front can be intimidating! This one is 3.5″ square.
- Use colors you have reinkers for. You, uhm, might need them.
- Choose analagous colors for the background – those are colors next to each other on the color wheel.
- Spend your time on the important parts of the card – in this case, the background. Notice I didn’t do ANY shading on the bear’s outfit or the bunny’s hat. With all that pixie dust, who needs to? I had to call your attention to it, that’s how much you weren’t looking at that part.
Looking closely you can see I added Glossy Accents to some of the pixie dust bubbles and the eyes and nose. And for those who didn’t jot the colors down fast enough, here they are – I linked to them over on my blog if you just want to click and not go searching.Hope you enjoyed my little bear’s magical pixie dust….be sure to tag me over on instagram if you try this. I’d love to see your creation!
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
Colors used in the background:
NEW CLASS coming Saturday!
NOTE: there’ll be no blog post emailed on Saturday to remind you – I’m trying to be a good steward of your email inbox! So check in at Art Classes and check out the class when you get up Saturday morning. Or if you’re a YT subscriber, you’ll see a video preview of it on Saturday!
Hero Arts Kits
You may have noticed the August My Monthly Hero kit sold out after only a couple days! If you keep missing ut, guess what? You can get rolling now – early – for the September kit! Deets below as well as on the Hero site HERE.
- $34.99 per month
- Subscribe by 8/28/17 8pm PST and get the SEPTEMBER My Monthly Hero Kit.
- Get your kit with FREE SHIPPING (Domestic only)
- Guaranteed to get a kit!
- Auto-Renews Monthly
- Access to special subscriber-only exclusives and promotions