I thought today I’d share the other finalists in the May Arts DT competition – there are some great projects out there! For those who are avid commenters….can you go give the ladies some love on YT and/or their blogs? I know they’re as nervous and excited as I am! Which is your favorite out of these? (And you’re not allowed to say mine!) Here’s the other video DT applicants:
- Ashley – fish tail ribbon video, blog post
- DeeDee – gorgeous ribbon flower video, blog post
- Ellen – inspiring ribbon rainbow canvas video, blog post
- Erika – a canvas with a million textures video, blog post
- Leah – jewelry with silk ribbon video, blog post
- Susan – altered frame video, blog post
- Alexcia - Ribbon skirt (and she also did a video)
- Annette - a ruffly pillow
- Charlene - FUN doll bed
- Christina - ribbon topiary
- Emily - sweet summer flipflops
- Erin - java cards
- Gabriela - hair ties and jewelry
- Gini - minialbum (with LOTS of minituts on making flowers)
- Jen - baked corkscrew ribbon <<if you only visit one, make it this one – fun!
- Jenifer - hot air balloon decor
- Jennifer - woven ribbon journal
- Johanna - ribbon cake topper
- Karen - woven bulletin board
- Kristi - patriotic centerpiece
- Lalo - ribbon flowers part one and jazzed up in part two
- Marie – ribbon Cupcake Wars 1, Cupcake Wars 2, and Cupcake Wars 3
- Monica - mesh ribbon screen
- Monttina - ribbon lampshade
- Vera - wound circle embellishment for a card
- Virginia - kids apron (see her post for her WeR/OWH entry cards too!)
My CAS card for today is based on what I saw in trolling through the blogs for the applicants – there were a couple ideas around weaving ribbon, and I wanted to see how this 3/8″ doublefaced satin ribbon worked with that. Me likes.
All the ribbon is held down by ScorTape – and the heart on top is adhered with it too, since it works SO well on ribbon.
And…here’s your weekend vlog, starring CIARA! Yep, she had a hard time hanging with it, but she did her little best. I was going to try filming a 2nd time with the camera set higher….but I didn’t think she’d last. LOL. Some weeks, we just get what we get!