Alternate titles for this post:
- An Alpaca Pulls a Yeti Uphill in the Snow.
- Brusho meets Copic; Beautiful Things Ensue.
- Frivolity in the Arctic.
Add your own in comments….I’m ready for some chuckles!
Oh there are so many things in this video. And that ALPACA! Oh man. As soon as I saw Winter Alpaca by Lawn Fawn, I knew it would HAVE to be part of my stamp collection….and that I’d be swapping out that sentiment for Copics, and more!
Create Scenes with Stamps
I think the part that might interest folks most will be how I go about creating scenes. This card, featuring Winter Alpaca (squeeee!) and Yeti Set Go (a previous release) is one that needed some tweaks as I went along, and I show you some snapshots I took as I worked. Often the piece comes together all at once, but this one was an uphill battle for a bit at the start. (#icrackmyselfup)
Additionally…there are tips for using one color of Brusho for that cool aurora borealis; Copic coloring tips; simplifying fussycutting by adding a sloped hillside; coloring delicate dies; getting a multicolor sentiment. Oh man. I think you got three videos worth of tips today, do I get a vacation? LOL! Get busy watching the video below, or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
For the secondary sentiment where I changed out the word “SCARF” for “COPICS,” I set up the stamps on my MISTI (you could do so on an acrylic block), then colored each letter with a Clean Color Marker. That made it easy to get a multicolor stamped word without having to ink up each letter on a pad.
Wasn’t that a whole heck of a lot of fun??? If you need even MORE giggles, head over to my 2nd channel too, where I not only make the promised bonus card out of the extra Brusho background – but you can see a (mini)tour of Lawn Fawn HQ, puppy kisses, and watch me assembling card samples that you might just see at YOUR local stamp store! If you need more on Brusho, too – click HERE.
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the picture or wording to go directly to the item. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Stamps by Lawn Fawn, Winter Alpaca at EH or SSS; Happy Harvest ; Toboggan Together; Yeti Set Go EH, or SSS
- Dies by Lawn Fawn. Stitched Hillside Border Dies and Forest Border Die
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 25 pk or Ream
- Watercolor powder: Brusho – Black 15g
- Tools: Mini Mister, Individual or Set of 3
- Copic Sketch Markers: BG70 BG72 BG78 E01 E000 E41 E42 E44 E47 E49
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Uni-ball Impact Gel Pen, White
- Adhesives: Stamp Runner and 3M Foam Tape