It’s that time….farewell to the old year, let’s bring on the new one! I received the traditional email from Jetpack with my stats – but it had a bunch of weird things listed as “most popular pages.” Like….your shopping cart. LOL. So I dug deeper and pulled out what the stats say you guys liked most.
Note: Later in the post are the new toys I tried out in 2015 that I had the most fun with!
This blog was viewed over 1,380,130 times in 2015. No wonder it feels like things are hopping. How wild is this graph of views?
Most popular blog posts….did you see them?
- The busiest day of the year was April 30th with 25,263 views. What was posted that day? uh……the Hex Chart launch video hop!. (I guess you all liked it just a little!?)
- Go for the Gold class, Day 1 (free public class)
- Getting started with watercolor
- Copic watercolor (Crazy birds I)
- The Human Rainbow
- Hippos, Birds and Blossoms
- White poinsettia
- No line coloring, copic and watercolor
- Getting started with watercolor powders
- Comic strip card (Crazy birds II)
My most popular videos on YT posted in 2015
- Clean Color pen hibiscus
- Getting started with watercolor: basic techniques
- How to change Copic nibs
- Copic watercolor (Crazy birds I)
- Artist and adult coloring books (and it’s only been up for a month and is at #5. Whoa!)
- Getting started with watercolor: brushes
- Crazy birds go to a crop (Crazy birds III)
- No line watercolor and copic
- Watercolor flowers series #1: Sun catcher
- Gumball shaker card
My personal favorite things I made this year that aren’t listed above.
- Brusho bear
- Inside Outside card
- Lost and found watercolor
- Tissue paper book cover
- Pulled spinner card
- Bokeh flowers and its companion Patterned flowers
- Harlow Sage and Indiana
- Painting perfect trees
- Lion and chickadees
Most active commenters…..each of whom will be getting a little treat in the mail soon:
- dmc4042* —>made me the gift in the picture. WOW!
- Diane L
- Randee S
- Donna Miller Dacy
Most commented posts
- Hippos Birds and Blossoms
- Paint a white poinsettia
- Penny slider card – Waffle Flower Shark
- Starry night – Van Gogh
- Peekaboo window card
Most popular on Instagram
Makes me wish I had picked a better cover image for the chickadee painting in the middle! ha.
Top artsy things that spun my spurs in 2015
These aren’t all items that came out only in 2015, but I bought them/started using them this year. *affiliate links used. Read more here.
- Silver brushes. They make everything watercolor SING. Love me a good 2, 4, 6, 8 and a flat 1″.
- Holbein watercolors. In my attempts to see the difference between student grade and ‘spensive supplies, I discovered that Holbeins go on….like buttah. Kind of the same way I discovered years ago that Copics go on like buttah compared to my little waterbased pens.
- Brusho. Egads where was I before I knew about these? Thank you Lydia for enabling me.
- Inktense pencils. Oh MAN. Love these. So much that I started with a small set, bought a larger one, then bought cases, then accidentally bought another full set in a sweet wooden box. #firstworldcrafterproblems
- Dr Ph Martins Hydrus watercolors. The beautiful colors combined with the fact that they dry permanent? Oh yeah. And my storage for them is in a rainbow on a shelf above my desk, which makes me happy just to look at them. Uh huh.
- The hex chart. It makes everything Copic better, doesn’t it?
- Pepin coloring books. So relaxing, so beautiful….on drawing paper and printed in halftones. Hope they come out with more in 2016!
- Prismacolor pencils. Full set syndrome happened this year, so I’m adding them to the list. and Quietsharp Sharpener. #pencilbestie
- Papers! Arches Rough paper. We fell in love. And Yupo, we’ll keep getting to know each other!
- Gold! Pastes, paints, sprays, pens. I can finally use shiny things, and I am loving it!
A few other things that rocked my world in 2015
- Europe. That trip changed me forever!
- Periscope. Yeah baby! First crafter over 2.5 mil hearts. And an article in CHA’s magazine too!
- Bible journalling. Just a few baby steps in that direction, but enjoying it. Also my faithbooking posts here on the blog and YT!
- Toastmasters – in the fall contest, I made it to the finals! And stepped out to be in the church drama too.
- Classes around the country – exhausting but such fun to meet so many wonderful crafters!
- New logo! It pays to hire a pro. The full reveal will come soon.
- Society 6 – new store for selling prints, y’all have been asking!
- The end of OWH. Not the best kind of rocking, but it’s changing my life to end as much as it did to start!
- Getting posted HERE by Tim. I still get tons of people coming from that link! Crazy!
- Last but definitely not least: God’s blessings. I simply can’t believe He loves me so much.