Lots and lots and lots for you today….in the video plus scroll down for details! I’m hopping with Technique Tuesday today so be sure to get to that section and go see what everyone’s making!
Great news: World Cardmaking Day Bloghop
Just to prove that not everything has to be shaded to the “Nth” degree – there’s this card. 🙂 Plus some good news and bad news along the way. One additional piece of bad news is below that I ran out of time for in the video. Watch below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
Good news for charities: Auctions!
Puerto Rico auction raised $3603.57! I’m adding extra to make it an even $4,000 that will be sent to Puerto Rico for 1) installing solar panels in inaccessible areas and 2) roofing and training local roofers. THANK YOU to everyone who participated!
Hurricane Florence auction of 55 Copic-colored cards is on NOW! Ends Sunday night Oct 7, 11:59pm Pacific. Bid high!
Good news for artists!
The Art-Classes site has now relaunched! Wheeee! It’s been a long time coming with more resources thrown at it than I thought possible….today is the “soft” launch. If you’re reading this, you’re in on that first wave! (I’ll be emailing the universe later next week once I see how things are going!)
A few things to know:
- The site is the same but different. Basic graphics will feel familiar. A few things have moved to different places on the new site. Coolest part? See the MY COURSES link in the menu bar – it’s so easy to find!
- Log in, pw changing, and other account things should be working so much better now!
- Classes you bought before SHOULD be in your “My Courses” link. If they are not, please email using the “support” link at the top of the page so I’ll know it’s on fire and I’ll take care of you asap. We spent tons of time on data transfers, but as you know, stuff happens on the interwebs!
- To celebrate the “soft” reopening….a GIVEAWAY – details are HERE!
- Coupon code for this weekend: wcmw2018 for 15% OFF!
Bad news 🙁
***EDITED TO ADD: This is news I’ve heard from a couple sources, but increases are usually not confirmed by companies this far out. I could be wrong. But better safe than sorry!***
Copic prices are going up in January….bummer! But – we know now, so get your family to shop for Christmas gifts NOW! Markers will be out of stock as word gets out, so get your list together to share with Santa.
- Use the hex chart to figure out where your gaps are
- Don’t forget to ask for refills!
- Check out the Copic Blending Groups chart
- Take Copic Jumpstart and learn how to stretch the markers you already have
More bad news 🙁
The Puerto Rico art trip for next year is cancelled. There was extremely little interest, even if all the “maybes” were yes, it would still only be 4 or 5 people in January or 4 or 5 people in April. I’ll be making a trip there myself, just not with a group.
Back to good news: Promotions & Giveaways!
PROMOTION: All weekend though Oct. 7th, you can get the You’re Owlsome stamp set for FREE through the Technique Tuesday website! Just buy $30 in products on the Technique Tuesday website and add the Owlsome stamp set to your cart. Enter coupon code WCMD18 at check-out and you’ll get the stamp set for free!
TECHNIQUE TUESDAY PRIZE: Leave a comment on all the blogs as you hop to qualify for a Technique Tuesday gift certificate away to a commenter during the hop before Oct. 13th, 2018. The winner will be announced on the Technique Tuesday blog on Oct. 15, 2018! Good luck!
ART-CLASSES PRIZE: Don’t forget to enter to win!
FYI a little birdie told me some good news…
More excellent news: A Bloghop!
World Cardmaking weekend is the perfect opportunity to hop around the web and see what’s shaking on other blogs…go give these amazing folks a follow while you’re there
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.