This class is no longer interactive, but you are welcome to view and learn from this content anytime!
Welcome to the Go for the Gold class! I’ve been working on this for the better part of 6 months…and I’m delighted to share it with you now!
This FREE cardmaking class is filled with 7 days of inspirational gold cards….pastes, paints, pens, lots of my favorite things to play with! The class doesn’t cover every gold item out there, or every shade of it available….you may already have similar items in your own stash, too. But I hope some techniques will get you excited to kick off the fall and winter cardmaking season!
Kicking off the class with some #crafttruth!
Watch below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
Sale is over.
For this week of class, I’ve also coordinated a sale on most of the items I’m using in class. YAY, right!?!? Save 15% on every in-stock item in the Go for the Gold category only! Shop today through Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 (midnight Pacific Time) and save. Upon checkout please type in the following coupon code: goforthegold – Not valid on prior purchases and cannot be combined with other coupon codes.
Day one post write up is HERE – below is the video:
Why all the holiday cards so early? The samples in this class are fall and winter seasonal cards, since those holidays are staring at us down that long tunnel…(only 13 weeks til Christmas!) BUT we need to get some of these gold products in our hot little hands now, because if they ship when temperatures freeze, the mica in some begins to break down or change consistency. Some get goopy, others get watery, others separate….so I wanted to help everyone order them well before winter arrives. And with global warming knocking us around, that could be sooner than we expect!
Go for the Gold FAQ:
- What does it cost? Nothing! It’s free!
- Where do I sign up? No need to sign up anywhere. Posts will be here on my blog and YouTube channel!
- What supplies do I need? Some of the supplies you may already have at home!
Almost all the supplies I used are gathered into a category HERE at Ellen Hutson. To make it easier to find things, they’re divvied into categories. Each daily blog post will list the items used on that card. Is there a discount on supplies? Yes! 15% on everything in the category HERE from now until the end of class. Coupon code goforthegold!
- Will the class remain available forever? Yes! It’s part of my blog and YouTube channel so you can come back any time.
- Are you sure it’s free? Yep!
Each of the 7 days, the lesson posts will be linked here. If you’re a subscriber to this blog, you’ll also be receiving the posts by email; if you’re a subscriber on YouTube, you’ll potentially receive the video by email too. This is for easy reference!
- Day One: Ornament Card / video
- Day Two: Crackle and Spray / video
- Day Three: Make Gold Paper / video
- Day Four: Liquid Gold / video
- Day Five: Twinkling Lights / video
- Day Six: Shiny Beeswax / video
- Day Seven: Golden Brush Pens / video
- Go for the Gold Wrapup – with comparisons of all golds used, side by side
It’s Your Turn: #goforthegoldclass
Now it’s time for YOU to join in the fun! Qualify to win a prize (list below) by linking up your own NEW mojo creation below. Use one of the ideas in class to create your own card!
Prizes: Winners are listed HERE.
- 4 packs of stampy goodness…winners chosen randomly from among participants! One entry per day max.
- 1 pack of stampy goodness to a random commenter on ONE of the participant blogs!!
- GRAND PRIZE of a $50 gift certificate to Ellen Hutson!
- Winners will be announced on Sunday October 4!