Happy Friday the 13th! I almost didn’t post a video today…since you got one over at MFT yesterday, I figured I’d let the blog relax today. But then….I didn’t wanna give a superstitious day any ‘space’ to wreak havoc! ha!
I noticed one of the old OWH pins was getting a heck of a lot of re-pins on Pinterest….so I’m reviving it with a new design, too!
Fun Fold Valentines – with squirrels!
This “fun fold” is a version of a z-fold kind of card, allowing more room to write a note. And for Valentine’s Day, writing a little extra note about just what that person means to you is perfect, right? This simple card fold would be a great one to use for a lot of occasions, too….and you can create ANY kind of card front with it. (Measurements are listed below) I’m using Art Impressions’ new squirrels for Valentines Day – squirrels have been an odd ‘theme’ in my life, so I just had to! ha! Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
- Make regular card front 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, and a back panel of the same size.
- The horizontal cards z fold panel is 3″ x 11″, folded at 4-1/4 and again 4-1/4 to leave a small panel leftover.
- The vertical cards z fold panel is 4″ x 8.5″, folded at 3″ and again 3″ to leave a small panel leftover.
- On both, the large panel is glued to the back, and the small panel is adhered to the back of the card front.
- If you’re not layering that back panel, you can make the zfold panel larger as desired. PRO TIP: try doing measurements with typing paper before whacking at cardstock. Don’t ask how many pieces I ruined trying to figure out the vertical cards. LOL
The other images in the stamp set use the same colors and tail technique.
And here’s those dang cute lil skunks from last year! See the video below if you missed it.
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.