This is the fourth of my Faithbook Series of posts – this month I’m making cards. And also starting something new, an Inspiration Takeoff! Over HERE I invited folks to send in cards to inspire one of my videos, and Sabrina’s is the one I chose from September’s cards. Thanks to everyone who’s been sending them in!
Watercolor on Canvas
When I saw Sabrina’s card, I knew the design and the ombré would allow me to try out the watercolor canvas pad I bought recently – I had it sitting here for 2 months, waiting for a chance to play! And the stamp from Taylored Expressions was going to fit perfectly on the 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 rectangle too. I think every young girl needs to hear the words on this stamp! And gold? Did I say gold? LOL! Used some of the items from class here too! (if you missed the free online class, click HERE!) Watch the video below, or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube!
The promised color combinations are listed in the supplies below…the first one mimics the inspiration card;
The blues and bright pink will be the color scheme for my bedroom makeover to come….hoping to get started on that soon!
And I wanted to compare three purple distress inks to see if I loved Wilted Violet as much as I thought. And yes! It’s the best purple yet, thank you Tim!
Want to share a card of your own?
Send *one* thank you card (any visual theme), include a post-it with your name and social links. Don’t write inside it – and add a liner if it’s on dark cardstock. Cards should be received by Oct 31; stay tuned for December’s theme to be announced soon.
PO Box 23395
Federal Way, WA 98093
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the picture or wording to go directly to the item. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Fredrix Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12 —-
- Distress ink pads & accessories:
- Black Velvet Watercolor Brush
- Adhesive: Be Creative Sheets, 5 pk (8×11), Green Frog Masking Tape
- Ampersand Hardbord to tape down art: Sizes 11×14, 8×10, 9×12, 5×7
- Stamp by Taylored Expressions, He is God —-
- American Crafts, Pow! Glitter Paper, Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock, Metallic Gold Matte Other colors: Gold Coins, Gold Foil 5pk —-
- Embellishing: Viva Decor Pen Set, 3 pk
- Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spritz