Are you ready for a celebration? Today is the day that Hero Arts finally opens their brand new redesigned website! I was priveleged to get a sneak peek at it yesterday and kick tires…you are going to be. so. excited! I noticed they added some things to the store that weren’t there just last week – so I’m hooking you up at the end of this post with my top recommendations. (ie: I bought these, so there might be videos coming up with them sometime. LOL!)
Easy Ombré Holiday Cards
Every year I do a bunch of different things with my holiday cards – I do some easy ones, some middle-of-the-road ones, and some diving-in-and-going-crazy cards. Those are for my “A,” “B,” and “C” lists – based on their appreciation level for handmade cards! Ha! We all have those friends and family who just don’t “get it,” right? So we need quick cards for them. And a little more for those who care about the handmade cards. So today, I bring you cards that would be quick and easy to mass produce in their simplest form…or you can dress them up for the fancier crowd! Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
Weren’t those fun and easy!? I wish you could touch them on the letterpress paper and see how soft they are. And ya gotta love the Ombré Green and Ombré Red ink pads! It’s simple to make a background that looks soft and blended – toss a little snow on, and some bling, and it’s all ready for Christmas!
When I spoke yesterday of taking time off after finishing my Boston teaching gig – it’ll be taking time off from teaching at stamp stores only. I’ve received lots of lovely “farewell” messages…please don’t think I’m leaving my blog! lol. Just the in-person teaching. Which…might leave me time for more online teaching. Good, right? 🙂
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the picture or wording to go directly to the item. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Peace and Joy stamp
- Letterpress paper
- Ombré Green Ink Pad and Ombré Red Ink Pad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Unicorn White Spray (no longer being made – get it now if you need it! eeep!)
- Red card base, Kraft card base (for the red card)
- Versamark ink pad
My Hero Arts Shopping Cart
In the video I promised I’d show you what fell into my cart. *eeeeep* This is what happens when I go crafty shopping! #walletneedsasabbaticaltoo
- Holiday Stamps: Yeti Stamp&Cut, Merry Cactus To You, Elves by Lia (squee), Joy To The World , Winter Scene, Snowflake background
- Other stamps: Tea Flowers, Color Layering Bird
- Sentiments: Animal Messages (puns!!), Absolutely Awesome (ok I am going to use that stamp a LOT)
- Dies: Paper Layering Ornament, (so curious!) Planner Page Cut-Out (to make Christmas gifts for my planner-fiend friends)
- Stencils: Cubic Background Stencil, Criss Cross, Swirl Tree (admired this one for eons!)
- Ink: Charcoal
- Embossing Powder: Gold
- Tools: Embossing Gun (I need a new one SO bad)
- Cleaners: Ultra Clean (I’m almost out) and Child Safe 4 Oz Stamp Cleaner (so I can test it out)