Do you think you can stand more of these fun crazy birds? Oh my! This has got to be my favorite way yet to use them!
Stamped Comic Strip Card
The inspiration to use the Bird Crazy set this way came from the Crazy Thoughts set – the fun starbursts made me totally think of Roy Lichtenstein‘s art! (Check out more of his art HERE.) I added in, of course some of the accessories from Crazy Things, and a little bit of the sentiments from Crazy Talk. (And I didn’t use the new dies, but if you like dies, they’re HERE). So much fun on a card- check it out below or click HERE to watch in HD on YouTube!
Templates and tips
As for the templates – I made this card with the 5×7 template, since it’s got larger stamps. But you can also use the A2 size template with smaller images. You might try setting up a gnome story, maybe a cute halloween tale and add in a few of these, or how about a thanksgiving tale with all these characters? The possibilites are endless!
A few tips to create a simpler comic strip card:
- Print on paper that’s compatible with your coloring if you want to stay “in” the lines.
- Diecut or fussycut images that “break” the bounds of the lines.
- Get a good one done, scan it, and print a few for your own use. (Remember, it’s illegal to share or post them, but you can make your own cards this way!)
- If you blog it – link back here! Linking to this post “pings” me to come see what you’ve created.
- Download the 2 templates HERE. If you end up seeing it in my store in the FREE section, just know that it’s the same file.
Funny of the day: #crazytim
If you want to go to a site like Ellen Hutson and search for all these fun stamp sets, you can do one keyword search that brings them all up. CRAZY TIM. Yes! Just “crazy” brings up more products by other companies, “birds” has a lot more items, and just “Tim” brings up all Tim’s stuff. But CRAZY TIM? Yeah. LOL. #justsayin! #maybeweneedanewhashtag #crazytim
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the picture or wording to go directly to the item. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Bird Crazy (bird stamps)
- Crazy Talk (sentiments)
- Crazy Thoughts (thought bubbles)
- Crazy Things (accessories)
- Bird Crazy Dies
- Essentials by Ellen 40 lb. Vellum, 25 pk
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad, Jet Black
- Stick It Adhesive Die Cut Adhesive Small Sheets, 5pk or Large Sheets, 5pk
- Copic Sketch Markers: B18, RV55, YR16, G05, R27