Hello friends! I hope you’re ready for some cute inspiration…this stamp set has it in spades, and my video showing Copic coloring on cream cardstock has some bonus tips with the MISTI that I’ve been wanting to share with you! (I’ve been waiting for the stamps to be restocked…they blew off the shelves so fast! You might want to pick up THIS one while you’re shopping since it’s back in stock, too….a video will be coming up with those very soon!)
My stamps have been talking to me again as well. When I saw Wplus9’s Party Animal set with the sentiment “You always lift me up,” I knew one of the giraffes would be propping up the other! I wasn’t sure if it was going to be in a toybox or not – and ended up being outside on a big old rock! Watch the video below, or click HERE to check it out in HD on YouTube!
MISTI Quadrant Stamping
To create the scene I used my MISTI, and finally filmed the round-robin process I’ve been working with on kits – if you have a MISTI, I hope it’s a helpful tip!
- Make one master scene on scratch paper – with approximate positioning. Don’t worry about overlapping images right now.
- Break the scene into a few groups – with the “front” objects in the earlier-stamping groups.
- Create masks for any of those front objects.
- Set up the first stamping in one quadrant. Another in the next quadrant. Turn the paper upside down and set up another, and a fourth if needed.
- When stamping, be sure to clean off the stamps from other quadrants really well so you don’t get accidental marks on the paper. I love to use an patrons! It really gets all the ink off well.
- Leave the quadrant assembly til you’re sure you don’t need to stamp more.
My final little detail on this card was to add some Glossy Accents bubbles to draw attention to the sentiment!
PS My patrons got to see a Zig Clean Color Marker version of this card last month!
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the picture or wording to go directly to the item. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Stamps: WPlus9 Party Animal
- Tools: MISTI Stamping Tool, EK Tools Scissors with Sheath
- Masking: 3M Post-It Labeling Tape, 2 in x 36 yd
- Inks: Memento Ink Pad, Tuxedo Black
- Copic Markers: E97 T4 T2 E08 E99 YR01 B02 B06 E29 E31 E43 E55 E57 E44 B000; Ranger Mini Mister and Colorless Blender Solution 200cc Bottle
- Embellishing: Mini Glossy Accents or large bottle of Glossy Accents
Hope you enjoyed my sweet little giraffes – and let me know if my other tips were helpful!