Are your kids excited about Christmas coming up? Make a fun countdown calendar to help them know how many more “sleeps” to wait! (Did anyone else count in sleeps like I did?)
Christmas Countdown Calendar
Sometimes I feel like I make projects that are no-brainers. This is one that I had wanted to make last year and just hadn’t gotten around to it! But the 12 Days stamp set along with Mini Window dies were perfect for a countdown calendar….add this year’s Advent set to it and it’s a ready made calendar treat! Whether you use the 12 Days set inside, or put messages or some other kind of image in it, this is a happy little project to make. As a matter of fact, if you keep the insides non-Christmassy, this could help count down til ANY anticipated day. Like a child’s birthday! Watch the video below, or click HERE to watch in HD on YouTube!
A few weeks ago when I worked on this, I did a live Periscope broadcast….I painted a page-full of packages, 12 stacked up on top of each other. After going to all that trouble, I suddenly realized I couldn’t run that paper through my die cut machine! haha! So….I re-engineered things and came up with a long strip – this can be hung down low where a small child can reach.
Download the Calendar Template – there are instructions on page 1 that reiterate a few of the steps shown in the video.
Anywhere you go there are sales on right now – I’m just giving you the deets on what little I have from emails I’ve seen. You know the drill, shop early for best selection! Remember when you put an item in your cart and it says it is “in stock,” that item is not yours until you check out and pay for your order. That applies to almost every online store, so get to that “complete order” button pretty quickly!
- Ellen Hutson – below are your coupon codes…click HERE to go shop! Don’t miss the special Bargain Bonanza section, too! Affiliate links.
- EARLY BIRD SAVINGS From 12:00am Friday, November 27th Pacific Time (3:00am Eastern), through 9:00am PT, save 20% on every item currently in stock. At checkout use one time use coupon code early2015
- ANNIVERSARY SAVINGS If you are a bird who slept in, you can enjoy savings of 15% on all in stock items any time over the weekend through Monday December 1st at midnight PST. At checkout use coupon code anniv2015
- CYBER MONDAY SAVINGS Savings of 20% on any remaining in stock items on Monday, November 30th beginning at 12:00am through 9:00am PST. At checkout use one time use coupon code cyber2015
- Dick Blick – 20% off purchase of $50 or more using coupon code 16916 until 11/29/15. Click HERE to shop! And go get your in-store coupons HERE!
- Simon Says – 15% off everything. Use coupon code BLACKFRIDAYSALE. Click HERE to shop.
The rest of these are not affiliate links – just wanted to share what I’ve seen coming through my email!
- Purple Onion Designs – sale until 12/6: all stamps 25% off. More specials for Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming. Click HERE to shop.
- Lawn Fawn – Free shipping, plus a free stamp set on orders over $35 (matching die over $50). Click HERE for details.
- Paper Smooches – 15% off your order using coupon code BFSALE15. Click HERE to shop.
- Altenew – 20% off a different item each day. Click HERE to find out the day’s deal.
- Neat and Tangled – 25% off all orders on Friday using code SOTHANKFUL. Click HERE to shop.
- MFT – 30% off everything using code THANKS now through Monday. Click HERE to shop.
- Avery Elle – Through Monday, free shipping on US orders and $4 off international shipping. Free stamp included on orders over $40. Click HERE to shop.
- Impress: 40% off one item of your choice Friday or Saturday with coupon code blackfriday2015. Click HERE to shop.
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project; click on the wording to go directly to the item. Affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.