Hi there! It’s so nice to meet you. My name is Sandy Allnock, and I’m an artist, papercrafter, and all-around creative nerd!
My desire is to use my God-given gifts to encourage others to find their own artistic gifting, whatever that might be. My motivation comes from Psalm 139:14: I am fearfully and wonderfully made; I have been endowed with gifts that are worth sharing! To that end, I create with the aim to encourage others to step out and try something too!
I’ve been papercrafting since 1994, though my life has been full of creativity since I drew constantly as a small child. My dream as a young girl was to become an art teacher, as I admired those who encouraged me.
I received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Frostburg State University in 1986, but not in art education as I had planned; this was in the time period when art funding began to disappear from schools (boo!), so I changed my focus to graphic design. I proceeded to work as a marketing graphic designer and illustrator at agencies and organizations over decades in New York City, San Francisco, Montana, and Washington.
Papercrafting became a major part of my life in the late 1990s in church ministries and charitable works. My activities eventually led to the start of a wildly successful charity, Operation Write Home. Founded in 2007, I nurtured it into a million-dollar charity – on a shoestring budget, using social media alone. My gifts as a technically savvy content creator and volunteer organizer served the organization well throughout the years of its existence until the end of 2015.
My passion to grow in my own skills and share my passion with others led me to increased teaching on my YouTube channel, with tutorials on a growing array of coloring mediums and products. In 2013 I began running my own business, and as it has grown exponentially, I realized that my childhood dreams are coming true: I have become an art teacher!
I am honored to share my knowledge and encourage others to step out and become the artists they were meant to be!
- Content Creation: Ellen Hutson, Hero Arts, Purple Onion Designs, May Arts, A Blog Named Hero, Simon Says
- Product Design: Hero Arts, Whimsy Stamps, Stampers Best, Simon Says Stamp.
- Design Teams: May Arts; Eat Cake Graphics, Oozak, MelJens Designs.
- Publications: Cardmaker Magazine, Papercrafts Magazine, HubSpot (Social Media article)
- Teaching Online: Creative Ladder (for Imagination International/Copic), Online Card Classes.
- Teaching In-Person: Absolutely Everything, Impress Cards and Crafts, Queens Ink, Angela’s Happy Stamper, Scrampers, Art n Soul, Hero Arts, Simon Says Create.
Sandy Allnock LLC
PO Box 23395
Federal Way WA 98093