A few months ago I had promised to use these beach sets when summer arrived – and GAH it’s half over! Sorry ’bout that. But better midsummer than late summer, right? The #worldwatercolormonth prompt reminded me to make this one; it’s “beach fun” today, and this is about as beachy fun as you can get!
Note: Supplies are linked in the supply list at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links may be used – that means if you make a purchase using my links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work on this blog! Read more.
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
I recommend making a practice sheet for yourself – try them out with different colors, even different brands, and write down what you used so you can replicate it. (Or avoid it as the case may be!
I have a gajillion blocks – – all the standard rectangles, but also one of the Catherine Pooler rounds that has the soft edges to it, Lawn Fawn ones with the scalloped sides that are easy to grip – and the AI ones with the little tiny blocks for all the little tiny flowers and leaves that you need to make scenes with. The die below comes in a set – the script as well as the outline Big Scripty Hello.
If you missed the video where I showed the two sets of Tombow markers (labeled with AI’s brand) – that’s HERE.
- Art Impressions Cling Stamps
WC Palm Tree
WC Beach Boys
WC Beach Girls
- My storage cases
- Blocks – be sure to look around, these come in all sizes but here’s the ones I showed:
- Clear Acrylic Block 2.75″ Round, Catherine Pooler
- Lawn Fawn Clear Acrylic Block, 3.5 round with gridlines
- 5 Pack, Art Impressions Clear Acrylic Blocks
- Canson XL Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12
- Art Impressions, Bonnie’s Favorites (Tombow) Set 2 and Set 1
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes, Short Round 8
- Big Scripty Hello, Essentials by Ellen Dies
- My Favorite Things Die-Namics, A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape