If you’ve arrived from Lydia Evans’ blog, you’re on the right track here on the Altenew bloghop! See details including amazing giveaways later in this post.
Altenew Bloghop: Watercolor Parrot Paradise
Welcome to my stop on the hop! I decided to take a vacation in paradise on a card, since I don’t have a tropical vacation on my calendar….and took my watercolors with me! I figured out how to paint an easy background on a card like this – you’ll facepalm when you realize how simple it is to do this on cards! Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
The Parrot Paradise stamp set can be used in tons of other ways too – check out all the shapes of the leaves that can layer beautifully, too:
The ease of painting right over the image really makes painting a card front like this easy!
And the parrot can also be used with your own painting in the background…this video was privately shared with my patrons earlier this week:
And now….those bloghop details!
Altenew Stamp/Die/Ink Release Blog Hop + Giveaway
- Giveaway on Altenew blogs: Fie $50 gift certificates! Leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog or/and Scrapbook Blog by Thursday, July 27th at 11:59 pm EDT for a chance to win.
- Giveaway on my blog: $30 gift certificate *just* from my blog commenters by July 27th at 11:59 pm EDT!
Next on the bloghop: Eunyoung Lee!
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Altenew, Parrot Paradise
- Canson Arches French Bound Cold Press Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12
- Schmincke Watercolor Palette
- DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors
- Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes
- Lawn Fawn Ink Pad, Jet Black