Alexandra Renke Bloghop: Inlaid Watercolor Dies
Inlaid dies are intricate – but lovely! In this video you’ll see little tricks for cutting out a sentiment without “wasting” a piece of watercolor paper too! The palette, by the way, can be seen in the free Preclass lesson in Blue Skies – you don’t have to take the class to see me swatch out each color and decide if you want to try one out. Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
UPDATE: She loved the card! And the presentation went really well. Yay!
If you haven’t seen the book website yet – go visit HERE.
This is a video from a few weeks ago with a popular technique I shared using Alexandra Renke dies:
And now you’ll want to go visit the other stops on the hop to see more amazing creations!
- Julie Ebersole
- Karin Högger
- Ardyth Percy-Robb
- Frau Pony
- Laurel Beard
- Alexandra Seußler
- Sandy Allnock –you are here!
- Julia Klein
- Carissa Wiley
Below are links to the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links may used, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog! Read more.
- Alexandra Renke Dies, Fish In Frame , Cross in Frame (See below for the floral dies from the earlier video)
- Canson Arches French Bound Cold Press Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12
- Be Creative Tape, 40mm (1.5″)
- Fiskars Craft Knife, Fingertip
- Essentials by Ellen Designer Dies, Many Thanks
- Crafter’s Companion Gemini Junior
- Blue Skies Palette:
- Blue Skies DANIEL SMITH Watercolors:
- Duochrome Cabo Blue (Luminescent)
- Duochrome Blue Pearl (Luminescent)
- Iridescent Electric Blue (Luminescent)
- Manganese Blue Hue
- Cerulean Blue
- Cobalt Teal Blue
- Ultramarine Turquoise
- Blue Apatite Genuine (PrimaTek)
- Lunar Blue
- Kyanite Genuine (PrimaTek)
- Payne’s Gray
- Cobalt Blue
- Phthalo Blue – Green Shade
- Phthalo Blue – Red Shade
- Prussian Blue
- Indanthrone Blue
- Imperial Purple
- Green Gold
- Deep Sap Green
- Ultramarine Blue
- French Ultramarine
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes, Short Round 12
- Heritage Arts Detachable Plastic Brush Washer