I had another stamp set that inspired me to watercolor a card for today’s World Watercolor Month painting – Splashes of Color! The simplicity of the images, the sunny concept, the nice bold lines….I knew this would be just perfect!
See the rest of my info about this month on the page HERE)
Compensated affiliate links may be used – that means if you make a purchase using my links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work on this blog! Read more.
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
I put Glossy Accents onto the images before painting the background, which made it really easy too paint around them:
The finished card has a piece of wood-painted scrap of watercolor trimmed to be the windowsill and window frame; I also painted a strip for the curtain (you can also just use patterned paper too!)
I hope you’re joining in on the World Watercolor Month fun! My video over at Ellen Hutson’s blog also shows off some fun watercolor….Paris in the rain!
- Sunnyville, Paper Smooches Stamps —- coordinating Dies
- Ranger Accents, Glossy Accents
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
- Be Creative Tape, 5mm (1/4″)
- EK 5 Inch Scissors with Sheath
- Ampersand Hardbord, Flat 8×10
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes:
Short Round 8
Short Round 12
Arches Cold Press Paper
- My Daniel Smith Watercolor palette colors :
Aussie Red Gold
Cobalt Teal Blue
Payne’s Blue Gray