Despite a stuffy nose….I bring you 3 Simple Ways to Finish Off A Winter Scene! (Don’t worry, I’m not badly sick, just stuffy!)
With the holiday season definitely underway – and me running short on time – I thought I’d knock out 6 cards at once, and try slightly different finishing techniques at the final stages. Hope it helps you create some really cute cards a little faster, too!
Aside from the simplest finish (no trees, just paint)….the sketchy trees take just a minute and some sketchy lines with a Sharpie marker.
Sketch less of the trees (just the portion of the trunk and a few bottom branches) and finish off the branches up higher with a white gel pen.
If you have a tiny bit more time, paint the background a bit dark, add the trees, then add snow on top! Consider ading a blue wash to nighttime snow – leaving just a little bit bright white.
If you’re really after a red hat – try stickles on top of the little bear’s black hat!
- On A Christmas Walk, Picket Fence Studios Clear Stamps
- On A Christmas Walk, Picket Fence Studios Dies
- Cold Press Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12, Arches
- VersaFine Ink Pad, Onyx Black
- DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors:
Cobalt Blue, 15ml Tubes
Cobalt Blue, 5ml Tubes
Indanthrone Blue, 15ml Tube
Indanthrone Blue, 5ml Tubes
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes, Short Round 12
- Uni-ball Impact Gel Pen, White
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape