I’m so excited Ellen’s now carrying Power Poppy stamps – I love love love realistic flowers! I got out my airbrush – and some watercolor! – for three monochromatic cards….one color plus black and white. I elaborated a little on details I didn’t describe much in the voiceover . . . scroll below to see more info.
Compensated affiliate links may be used – that means if you make a purchase using my links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work on this blog! Read more.
Watch the video below or click HERE to see it in HD on YouTube.
As seen in the video:
- Airbrush (or ink) background and flower and hummingbird. I used the Craft Assistant (the black metal plate – super easy to clean!), and Copic Airbrush Kit, ABS-3
- Use Colorless blender to remove ink from highlight areas.
- Stamp and emboss sentiment – use Powder Tool to remove static, then stamp with VersaMark Ink Pad so it’s sticky, then sprinkle Hero Arts Embossing Powder onto it. Shake excess off then heat with Embossing Gun.
- Adhere panel to layers as desired, and pop with Foam Tape
- Trim flower and bird out, then adhere with more foam tape.
Follow the same procedure as the last card but with addition of a color like a green in some areas.
Watercolor cards with backgrounds like this are so fun – just splooge on Nickel Azo, New Gamboge and Aussie Red Gold with a little Sap Green. When dry darken centers with Neutral Tint. Stamp again and do the same for one flower, that will be trimmed out and popped with dimensional adhesive. For the centers, I added Glossy Accentsand (gasp) Glitter!
World Watercolor Month starts today! And for those who want to learn a little, all the watercolor classes on my teaching site are on sale all month – right HERE! ALSO: $2 of each watercolor class purchase will be donated to the Dreaming Zebra Foundation.
We’ve got fun prizes!!! To enter for a chance to win one of two prizes — $25 to the EH shop OR $25 to the Power Poppy shop — make sure to leave comments at each stop along the hop! Two random & lucky commenters will win! Comment before Sunday, July 7th at 11:59pm PST. Winners will be notified by email.
- Allison Cope
- Adelina Starace
- Barbara Walker
- Christine Okken
- Ardyth Percy-Robb
- Julie Koerber
- Broni Holcombe
- Carly Tee Minner
- Kathy Jones
- Emily Midgett
- Stacy Morgan
- Kelly Griglione
- Jennifer Dove
- Sandy Allnock <—that’s me!
- Leslie Miller
- Therese Calvird
- Nancy Sheads
- Rhea Weigand
- Power Poppy, Big Sexy Blooms
- Power Poppy, Floribunda
- Power Poppy, Summer Berrries
- Power Poppy, Woodland Carpet
- Power Poppy, Strong And Beautiful
- My Sweet Petunia Mini MISTI Stamping Tool (6-1/8 X 7)
Lawn Fawn Ink Pad, Jet Black — Copic friendly
VersaFine Ink Pad, Onyx Black — watercolor friendly
VersaMark Ink Pad —- embossing
- Powder Tool Adhesive Deactivator
- Hero Arts Embossing Gun)
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
- Ranger Accents, Glossy Accents
- Hero Arts Glitter, Snowfall
- Hero Arts Embossing Powder, White
- Sparmax Airbrush Compressor, TC-501N Achieve
- Copic Airbrush Kit, ABS-3
- Craft Assistant, Essentials by Ellen
- Judikins Eclipse Tape
- Copic Markers
- Neenah Cardstock
- My Daniel Smith Watercolor palette colors
- Silver Brushes
- Arches Cold Press Paper
- Nickel Azo
- New Gamboge
- Aussie Red Gold
- Sap Green
- Neutral Tint